Recent Topics

1 Jan 30, 2008 09:21    

My b2evolution version is 2.4 "Venetian"

I finished part 1 and 2 of the instal process but I am not sure about 3...
(3.Write/update a configuration file with the database login information...)
I'm sure this question shows how new I am at this.
Please help

2 Jan 30, 2008 09:37

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The installer will try to write the configuration file, but often it fails because it has no permission to do so. If this is the case (you will be warned) you will either have to change permissions on the server of the file /blogs/conf/_basic_config.php to 666 or write the essentials yourself. In that case you download the same file, open it with a texteditor and fill in the lines 54-59:

/**
 * MySQL DB settings.
 * Fill in your database details (check carefully or nothing will work!)
 */
$db_config = array(
	'user'          => 'demouser',     // your MySQL username
	'password'      => 'demopass',     // ...and password
	'name'          => 'b2evolution',  // the name of the database
	'host'          => 'localhost',    // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')
);

Now upload the file to the correct folder.

Do have a look at the screencast Personman made: http://personman.com/screencast-install-b2evolution

Good luck

3 Jan 30, 2008 12:14

I changed the config code and put it back into the folder on the remote server
Then in step 4 it tells me to run the instal script...?

4 Jan 30, 2008 12:16

version 2.4 Venetian

I need some help understanding step 4.
I changed my basic config file
and cant understand the next move...
This is the first time I have had to add a blog to a client website.

5 Jan 30, 2008 12:18

Hi there, you really don't need to create a new thread for this.

Topics merged

¥

7 Jan 30, 2008 12:38

In the video it looks as though he dumps the contents of the blog folder into his server space then he opens his website and gets a prompt?

8 Jan 30, 2008 12:43

Yep that's pretty much it.

After uploading the contents of the blog folder visit http://yourdomain.com/install/

You'll be prompted for your database connection details and a few other bits and pieces, after pressing continue you'll then be asked if you want to do a new install ( with optional default posts ) or upgrade a current install, tick new and hit go

Once that's done right at the very bottom you'll be given the details for an admin login and a link to login. Copy the password, hit the login link and login.

Then wander over to the users tab, click the admin user and change the password to something you'll remember

¥

9 Jan 30, 2008 12:57

I got a few errors :(

Notice: Undefined index: user in /home/content/s/h/a/shawnmahaffey/html/install/index.php on line 323

Notice: Undefined index: password in /home/content/s/h/a/shawnmahaffey/html/install/index.php on line 324

Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/content/s/h/a/shawnmahaffey/html/install/index.php on line 325

Notice: Undefined index: host in /home/content/s/h/a/shawnmahaffey/html/install/index.php on line 326

10 Jan 30, 2008 13:01

For now just ignore those errors, put your database details in and press go ;)

¥

11 Jan 30, 2008 13:06

It will not allow me to continue.

Error establishing a database connection!

(Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2))

-By the way, thanks for putting up with my newbie questions

12 Jan 30, 2008 13:09

It sounds like you have the wrong connection details for your database.

You might like to try uploading all the files in the /conf/ folder again ( especially _basic_config.php )

¥

13 Jan 30, 2008 13:20

Thank you very very much
I had changed some of the code on my config
the wrong way the first time I tried doing this and just need to fix one line.

14 Jan 30, 2008 13:20

Ok, you've definitely got something wrong with your _basic_config.php but at least we're moving forwards ;)

If you'd like to PM me your connection details and FTP details then I'll see if I can sort it all out for you ( just hit the PM button underneath my sig )

¥

Form is loading...