[Plugin] Advanced Search

« Searching for a plugin for the comment function :: [Widget] b2 Nivo Slider Plugin »
sam2kb
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 16:19     Topic subject: [Plugin] Advanced Search

Replace a standard search widget with Advanced Search and you will be able to filter results by blog, category, post author and date. Search in all public blogs at the same time.

You can also remove any/all radio buttons from search form, display results in google-like style with highlighted keywords and customize almost everything. Smart search filters out false positive results present in default search function.

Download the latest version
http://plugins.b2evolution.net/advance_search

Demo
http://b2evo.sonorth.com/show.php?s=blog+post&sentence=OR

Read the README.html before posting your questions!

afwas
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 16:56

Very good widget.

May I suggest one thing?
You may want to expand it a little if you add a widget setting to include other blogs, like all blogs from this owner or some defined public blogs or something.

Do subscribe it to BOPIT (contact ¥åßßå for that), add yourself to Sourceforge evocms-plugins (contact blueyed for that).

Thanks

tilqicom
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 17:00

additional options are just great! (: the default search widget must also include those instead of hacking..as those 'any' 'any or' etc words doesn't look nice,

sam2kb
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 17:06

Thanks

I'll try to add an option to include other blogs.
I already have BOPIT access, will ask about Sourceforge later today.

yabba
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 18:22

That reminds me, I must upload the audio player plugin, complete with russian locale ( thanks ;) ), and amend BOPIT ;)

¥

*edit*
Assuming your checkboxes == "hide this option", if you uncheck all 3 then evo will default o .... whatever it defaults to ..... you might like to change that to "if only 1 ticked then hide them all and add the ticked option as a hidden input", then users can select there own "default" action ;)

sam2kb
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 23:38

you might like to change that to "if only 1 ticked then hide them all and add the ticked option as a hidden input", then users can select there own "default" action

In TODO list ;)

tilqicom
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 08:58

it's getting better and better (:, just a small detail; it'd be good if you could add an indicator like a + and - for main and child categories, or arrange the font size a bit

sam2kb
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:39

Why don't you like a double space padding ;) ?

I'm now trying to figure out how to include posts from other blogs. And I also want to add a date field.

tilqicom
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:52

sam2kb wrote:

Why don't you like a double space padding ;) ?

I'm now trying to figure out how to include posts from other blogs. And I also want to add a date field.

double space is also fine, it can be modified easily, i suppose, i didnt try.. but + - is better trust me : P
yea that would be good, i dont have such a problem since i have an aggregated one : P, but the date field idea is just great.. afaik, search between dates function always put some heavy weight on the servers in common it would be very cool though ;)

sam2kb
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:00

Do you mean something like this?

Code

+ Main
  - Sub
  - Sub
  + Main Sub
    - Sub Sub

It takes a lot of space, but I'll try it after/if I make a search by blog thing.

tilqicom
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:11

sam2kb wrote:

Do you mean something like this?

Code

+ Main
  - Sub
  - Sub
  + Main Sub
    - Sub Sub

yep that's it, it's cool this way too, no worries ;)

sam2kb
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 13:03

Updated again :)

edb
Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 17:20

Wonderful! I was going to start hacking all the widgets that (a) are lame and (b) are self contained but now even if search widget meets these criteria (and it certainly meets the first!) I don't have to touch it.

Hooray for smart search options!

tilqicom
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 01:09

this is very cool, i can now simply add a search area consisting of only search button and text field ;) i am looking forward to date search func.

and Ed hey, if you want to update a lame widget, i d like to see a better online list too (: like online members, staff or showing user groups and how many user online on each group etc..

ferevo
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:27

I would like to know if I can use this plugin 'advanced search' with pagination and how.

Many thanks

tilqicom
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 17:40

ferevo wrote:

I would like to know if I can use this plugin 'advanced search' with pagination and how.

Many thanks

what do you mean pagination ? in every page of a post , or in every page of the blog ?

in both case, you will simply have to add a container where you want the widget to be displayed and insert the widget in that container

ferevo
Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 17:36

What I mean about pagination is that this version(0.4) displays the first 50 posts only because it cannot follow page links. is there any way to solve this problem? I would like to show the first 10 posts and the use page links for the rest .

sam2kb
Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 19:41

You can change 50 to 10 if you want so, but it won't follow page links anyway.

is there any way to solve this problem?

Not in this version of plugin :(

sam2kb
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 07:40

Plugin updated. No new features added, only bug fixes.

topanga