Recent Topics

1 Jun 19, 2008 17:40    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I did a search and had no relevant results for this, but I think someone must have asked it before. The thing is, every time I post a photo in my photoblog, I have to select the image and click "Make posts", which immediately fires a ping with no text and a filename as title. I don't want that. So, I see two solutions: (a) specify that all posts in my photoblog are posted as drafts by default (I saw no option for this, but again, I think someone must have asked for the feature), or (b) schedule pings to be fired at some time, and not immediately. I see an option for asynchronous pings in Blog settings/Features, but that option says "Recommended if you have your scheduled jobs properly set up. You could notify news every minute.", and under Tools/Scheduler, no job refers to pings. The manual says nothing about this. I'm lost at this one.

4 Jun 19, 2008 18:05

Damn. Beaten by the master :(

5 Jun 19, 2008 18:38

Thank you very much, I'll try it. I would still like to know what is this asynchronous ping setting. :)

6 Jun 19, 2008 18:43

It worked beautifully!

(But still...)

;)

7 Jun 19, 2008 19:15

Ahhh grasshopper, you must learn to find links faster ;)

¥

8 Jun 19, 2008 19:51

Huh? Links?

Is it explained here?

I searched, but didn't find it.

9 Jun 20, 2008 08:20

I was talking to EdB ;)

¥

10 Jun 20, 2008 11:48

¥åßßå wrote:

I was talking to EdB ;)

¥

And I was ignoring you, hoping that you would actually STOP wallowing in a microscopically tiny little compliment for a moment and actually help someone who was asking a reasonably simple question. Apparently this is not going to happen, so here I come to save the day (again).

Hi bit! How's it going? I understand you're a bit concerned with what "asynchronous ping setting" has to do with anything and everything, so let me explain: I Have No Clue.

;)

Sounds to me like someone who happens to be really smart throwing out words that make sense to them, but not to the vast majority of us unwashed masses. But hey it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect the fact that the default behavior of that button is to make a published post. The hack supplied will make it a draft AND take you right to the page that lets you either publish or edit, which is way cool and gets beyond this whole "fancy word thing" that you asked about.

By the way, my original hack was much more complicated than what you see there. ¥åßßå built an improvement that I wish I saw initially, then I added another improvement that I'm sure ¥åßßå wishes he saw when he 'fixed' my hack. Therefore if you use the hack in this link you will be using a trans-atlantic cross-continental hack-on-hack-on-hack. That'd be SIX hyphens in there, which will certainly yield tons of traffic your way. You may feel free to link to both of us at any time, as long as you link to me first :lol:

11 Jun 20, 2008 14:07

There must have been all the hyphens then, because the hack rocks. :)

My curiosity about the possibility of delaying pings has, in fact, another cause also. I thought maybe that "asynchronous" thing was the answer to another question: can I get the post ping, not in the moment it is published, but in the moment indicated by its timestamp? That is, if I date a post in the future, is there any way to delay the ping until that future moment? This would be really useful because, right now, if you date a post in the future, and publish it, the ping will fire immediately, and early RSS visitors will be baffled when they follow a link to a post that doesn't show yet.

As I said, another question entirely.

Form is loading...