Recent Topics

1 Jun 19, 2008 17:44    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Im a novice at this html coding but I was able to add skins to my FTP server and the skin works great on my blog now but now i want to edit the tabs in the skin as well as add my own image or design in the header. I tried playing around with a lot of files inside that skin folder but had no success. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

2 Jun 19, 2008 17:55

Jin wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Im a novice at this html coding but I was able to add skins to my FTP server and the skin works great on my blog now but now i want to edit the tabs in the skin as well as add my own image or design in the header. I tried playing around with a lot of files inside that skin folder but had no success. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

this should go to Skins &css forums actually anyhow, customizing your skin is mostly about css.but when you want to make serious changes long time taking and risky i recommend you to work in localhost, it may be a pain in teh.. to upload the files each time and refresh..For this time, open your skins/GlossyBlue/style.css

/* header area */
#header {
	background: #0FACEA url(img/header-bg.jpg) no-repeat;
	height: 170px;
	border-bottom: 3px solid #59780a;
	position: relative;
}

upload your own img and change the img/header-bg.jpg to img/yournewimage.jpg and make further changes accordingly to new img's size

and for the tabs you will have to fiddle with the

#nav .page_item a{
	color: #ffffff;
	text-decoration: none;
	background: #5c8d0c url(img/nav-button-bg.gif) repeat-x;
	padding: 5px 15px;
	font: bold 14px/100% Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	border-top: 1px solid #E6EED0;
	border-left: 1px solid #AFCD69;
	border-right: 1px solid #AFCD69;
	display: block;
}

and related lines to that

3 Jun 19, 2008 20:23

Check out this site. http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_howto.asp

You can test and see their effects. Start with changing text colors, renaming images, border sizes,etc.

Another tip, back up your style.css often. If you wreck it, you can just replace it.

Form is loading...