Recent Topics

1 Mar 22, 2009 11:59    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi there,

My website was recently hacked and having fixed this problem I've been looking at the permissions on different directory's in my site structure.

The question I'm looking for the answer to is what permissions should I have set on folders such as /conf /inc /blogs so they are protected from others hacking in.

Hope that makes sense,

All the best,

Mark

2 Mar 25, 2009 03:48

Whatever the default permission is for folders on your host. For almost every folder. Part of the instructions says you need to change it on /conf/ so the installer can write database connection bits, and I think they don't say to change it back. Yeah you gotta change it back!

On my host all my folders are set to 755 including media stuff. SuPHP rocks! Except a funky thing happened with an addon domain that now the media folders there seem to be ... heck I dunno. It's weird.

Anyway "whatever all your other folders are is what your conf folder should be". You MIGHT need 777 on your media and media/blogs and media/users folders, which actually does open them up to malicious badness, but certainly not on any other folder.

3 Mar 28, 2009 15:38

Hello Edb,

Thanks for your help, I got all the permissions fixed correctly and that should be the end of that.

However for some reason, and I'm getting a little weary of the problems, following the hack I see this error on the base-url of my website.

I've reloaded the files and nothing has worked...clues, ideas?

I've created a back up of the database, so maybe I should just delete it all and then import everything to start a fresh, with of course, keeping all the blog postings intact.

Many thanks.

Mark

Warning: require(/home/www/nickmbab/inc/../skins_adm/conf_error.main.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/nickmbab/inc/_main.inc.php on line 164

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/www/nickmbab/inc/../skins_adm/conf_error.main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/nickmbab/inc/_main.inc.php on line 164

4 Apr 20, 2009 20:36

I'm getting this error too on a fresh install.
can't figure out what's wrong. Can't get to any part of the site.
Please help

Warning: require(/home/www/bloggr.dk/inc/../skins_adm/conf_error.main.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/bloggr.dk/inc/_main.inc.php on line 164

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/www/bloggr.dk/inc/../skins_adm/conf_error.main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/www/bloggr.dk/inc/_main.inc.php on line 164

My URL is http://bloggr.dk
b2evo version is 2.4.6 "New Year" 2009-01-12 Stable 3 478 kB

5 Apr 20, 2009 21:40

It's not the same error! hardiem83's PHP error said "Permission denied" while yours says "failed to open stream: No such file or directory".
Make sure you've uploaded all files - upload the b2evo files again.

6 Apr 21, 2009 13:29

I'll try to do so. :D

7 Apr 22, 2009 05:56

I may be way off but I remember seeing this error:

failed to open stream: No such file or directory

when my hosting provider didn't provide http uploads or didn't have them enabled. It's worth asking them. if you continue to have the problem.

Form is loading...