Recent Topics

1 Apr 02, 2009 23:25    

My b2evolution Version: 3.10-beta

This is a tech support request. It relates to the Blog URL and permalinks.

I decided to start with a fresh install of B2Evolution, version 3.10-beta. The web server is Apache 2.x.

I'm trying to create a blog at www.example.com/about/ and not www.example.com/about/index.php. I want to use permanent links that use "post title."

The Base URL is www.example.com/blogs/. I created the blog. I moved the blog6.php file to the about subdirectory. I renamed the file to index.php.

The folllowing does not work. When I set Blog URL to be relative to Base URL, I tried both the Blog URL forms of www.example.com/blogs/../about/index.php and also www.example.com/blogs/../about/. Neither one works, as the ".." is retained in links sent to the browser.

Next, I tried something better, but that doesn't work either. I tried setting Blog URL to be an absolute URL, www.example.com/about/. The blog shows up, but permanent links in the form of www.example.com/about/test-post-1 do not work. I get "404 Not Found. The requested URL /about/test-post-1 was not found on this server."

When I use an absolute URL in the form of www.example.com/about/index.php, everything works.

When I use an absolute URL in the form of www.example.com/about/ and permalinks with param ID like www.example.com/about/?p=123&more=1 everything works.

I can't get both permalinks using post-title and clean URLs working at the same time.

Is there a way to make this work?

TIA.

3 Apr 03, 2009 01:19

Cool! Thank you very much. Here are the lines I'm using.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /about/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

5 Apr 04, 2009 22:55

Thanks, but no, not using Godaddy.

The problem is now resolved with the htaccess entry above. Thanks to ¥åßßå.

Form is loading...