Recent Topics

1 Aug 16, 2009 06:03    

My b2evolution Version:3.3.1

I have just downloaded and setup the blog as per the instructions given. After successfully creating the database I click on the login and attempt to login with the admin ID. I get a message saying the login expired or cookies are not enabled, neither of which is true. I enabled the debug feature in the advanced settings and am getting the following error when I try to log in.

Session data corrupted!
connection_charset: NULL
Serialized data was: --['a:1:{s:13:\\"core.pwd_salt\\";a:2:{i:0;i:1250480847;i:1;s:64:\\"1fOFl0ohI7aTPiIt3Cm3bjroouvhMOP9TXxbwe4RRTDlzGog7gHAfnkiZTtcbBxU\\";}}']--

The information show is the data is stored in the cookie and in the sql database.
I tried this complete install twice but cannot get past this.
Can anyone help me.

I am usinga windows home server as the host and the default with this type of URL //myname.homserver.com:8008/myblog
I have to do this as my ISP blocks port 80
Here is the output from the debug log
cookie_domain=.rspitzer.homeserver.com
cookie_path=/ronblog/
Session ID received from cookie: 12
Session ID is valid.
Session user_ID: NULL
Session data corrupted!
connection_charset: NULL
Serialized data was: --['a:1:{s:13:\\"core.pwd_salt\\";a:2:{i:0;i:1250617708;i:1;s:64:\\"dzwhY9Yhir1TygBC3oS53AH7DRWgdZP9IM4dLv9zCWgprija9ZcoyaF0JAYVYsUr\\";}}']--
Session data[core.pwd_salt] updated. Expire in: 86400s.
Session data saved!

I found if I plugged a value into the table using sqlyog then I can get in to the admin account but most of the modification functions do not work anyway.

2 Aug 21, 2009 02:41

Greetings rspitzer!

Without worrying too much about the specific details here, I notice two things immediately that might provide a solution. Since this is a brand new installation one thing to consider is that you have a bonked up file somewhere. Rather than try to chase it you should get a brand new copy of the .zip file, unzip it on your computer, delete from your server ALL the files b2evolution put there, then upload the stuff you just unzipped. In other words: start over all the way back to the root of the files because no one can guess where a file got bonked IF a file is bonked.

I forget what the second thing was. I do that a lot. Oh well. Maybe a complete replacement of all files will do the deed?

3 Aug 21, 2009 03:25

:D I found the answer to this one. My PHP.ini file had an entry for magic_quotes_runtime = on
this setting is supposed to be off. I changed it and lo! everything started to work just fine.
This should be made clear in any installation guide or you can get a lot of errors and not much will work.
Can't say how this got turned on as I just did a fresh download of PHP before installeing B2Evolution.
Anyway it is working so I am a happy blogger.

Form is loading...