Recent Topics

1 Nov 02, 2009 21:03    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Im really new to this, so if the solution to my problems are simple, do forgive.

When I (as admin) or a friend (as privileged blogger) try to post a new blog entry, we both have the same several issues appearing.

1- on the right hand of the text editor, the options come up different every time meaning, sometimes you get to choose if you want to set the date or not, other times it won't even give you the options "published, draft" etc, the whole right side menu will not "load properly" i suppose is the best way to put it, some times the whole thing will load and other times only SOME of the options appear etc

2- clicking between simple and expert mode is an issue, if your already on expert mode, and you click simple,(and vice versa) it will instead take you back to the main page with the "Welcome to your new blog's dashboard!" the only way to switch modes, is to actually type in the URL of the "simple mode" or the "expert mode"

3- On top of all that! noone can ACTUALLY POST anything, if your in simple mode, and try to publish something, you will only have the TITLE published and nothing else, if your in expert mode and try to publish something, you just get sent back to the "Welcome to your new blog's dashboard!" page

Help is greatly appreciated!

URL: www.theundergroundchristians.com

*edit* I just tried to post something in simple mode, on the "overground" blog/tab so that I could have an example for you guys to see, and instead of just showing the title, that whole bottom portion has just become white with the exception of the widgets, not sure if that is a problem with the skin or something related to the above problems.

I should note though that I just changed the skin a while ago, so that "everything at the bottom is white" problem is new and very well may be related to the skin

2 Nov 03, 2009 04:16

this is totally a guess, but maybe you don't have the right version of PHP.

3 Nov 03, 2009 11:08

How do I know if I have the right version of php?

4 Nov 03, 2009 11:19

In Admin, click on the Tools tab.
Then click on System
There is a section headed PHP

B2 V. 3# requires PHP 5 or above.

5 Nov 03, 2009 15:17

php version: 5.0.4

I guess that's not the problem then.

I don't think this has anything to do with it but a little lower than that it says

"PHP upload_max_filesize
8M
PHP post_max_size
8M
post_max_size should be larger than upload_max_filesize"

Could that have anything to do with it by any chance? If not then are there any other ideas or suggestions as to why I'm having these problems

6 Nov 03, 2009 15:22

Try increasing your memory limit ( conf/_advanced.php )

¥

7 Nov 03, 2009 20:17

¥åßßå wrote:

Try increasing your memory limit ( conf/_advanced.php )

¥

That seems to have done the trick, I just uncommented a line which had the code for setting the limit to 32mb. It solved ALL the problems.

Thanks alot everyone, I would have NEVER been able to find the problem on my own, and you guys figured it out in no time.

Form is loading...