Recent Topics

1 Dec 15, 2009 15:17    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.2

Within a few months of starting http://www.blogswithwings.com my page rank shot up to 3. I was giddy. But it dropped to 2 a few months after that and then it very recently dropped to 1.

Could the fact that my blog is an aggregate of 2 blogs be pissing off Google? Both the blogs are my own and hosted on my blogswithwings.com domain. Is Google punishing me for duplicate content even though it is my own?

I am not sure what is wrong. I did write a couple of paid posts at one point. But I read this could have detrimental effects with regards to PR so I stopped. I haven't written any paid posts in over 6 months.

I'm at a loss. I know they say that PR isn't that important, but I don't want them to zero me out and write me off. I want to stay indexed. Any ideas?

2 Dec 17, 2009 12:35

The aggregate post thingy has nothing to do with your PR.
I just (finally) got mine back after loosing mine some months back.

3 Dec 17, 2009 18:42

Indeed, the aggregate has nothing to do with PR.

Also note that Google does not mind if you duplicate your own content on your own site (by category, by tag, by date, by aggregate, etc...). They will just select one of the versions, the one they deem being the best depending on the user request.

What Google *does* mind about is if you duplicate content from another site on your site. That's not good and should be avoided.

Form is loading...