Recent Topics

1 Jan 13, 2005 22:33    

So I start putting together a skin, everything's going fine... until I refresh, and I notice that the things I've enclosed in <ins> go nuts.

[url=http://www.carnivalesque.net]lookie here[/url]

...if you refresh repeatedly, some parts of the site are underlined sometimes, and on some refreshes, are blue. -_- How do I fix this?

2 Jan 13, 2005 22:42

Didn't see nothing like that happen. Used Mozilla 1.7.something and IE6.blah at 1024by768 pixels.

What's yer browser and OS? Whatcha got in ins tags that is going wacko on ya? You should put the head section back the way it was and make sure your site validates to xhtml and css. It won't assure quality displayage but when you've got something funky going on and your underlying source code is all messed up it's like uh you know...

BTW you can set the default skin in the back office blogs tab, select a blog, then select the default skin in the place it says "default skin".

EDIT: oh and I totally dig the way you made your background and text do the line-up thing with each other. When I saw what I thought was partial transparency is when I went to IE to find the failure. Surprise surprise surprise!

3 Jan 14, 2005 00:09

I have NO idea what's in my <ins> tag. XD Come to think of that, how do i edit that anyway? its not in my css (which i took from the default "custom skin" and butchered to my needs) so i don't know where it's defined.

Apparently it looks normal on Firefox, but it doesn't look normal on IE sometimes.... And on AOL (yes, I have to suffer through AOL when i'm at home and not at school). It's no big deal, but it annoys me.

Partial transparency? O_o

&, I tried setting my default skin using the tab thingy before, but it still sticks to my default from ages ago. The prob there is, I've deleted that skin since then. XD I set my default skin to "sleep" then upgraded b2evo, then couldn't figure out how to set the default. Bleh. The <ins> bothers me more though. XD

4 Jan 14, 2005 00:21

Hmmm. If ins is not defined in your skin's css file then it is getting it's definition from one of the css files in the rsc folder. Most skins have a handful of includes in the top of the css file that, well, includes css sheets from the rsc folder. Exactly which one it is I couldn't say off the top of my head, but there are only 5 (or is it 6?) and they all have fairly descriptive names.

Partial transparancies are like transparent only not completely. No biggie since it's not in use and isn't the issue.

Have fun!!!

Form is loading...