Recent Topics

1 Feb 05, 2005 01:10    

This may be a silly question, but I'm trying to create my own template and have been checking out the CSS in the existing templates. They all have the following:

@import url(../../rsc/forms.css);	/* Import default form styles */

To what does this refer?

Thanks in advance!

2 Feb 05, 2005 01:47

It imports (meaning goes and gets another style sheet before reading yours) a file in the rsc folder called forms.css. Basically that file sets up all the forms to look nice, instead of looking like forms. Check this out. Look at your own user profile on your web, then comment out that line by placing /* at the front of it, then look again. Actually you'll probably have to comment out all of them to see how much is imported, but the idea is some styles are generic across installations.

BTW if you import a style that says "h2 is gigantic letters in green" and your style sheet says "h2 is perfectly sized in a lovely shade of blue" yours will be the one that matters: last rule first is the way of it. Therefore anything an imported style sheet is doing that you don't like you can over-ride by adding the same class definition to your actual style sheet. Groovy, eh?

3 Feb 05, 2005 16:48

Thanks for the reply, Ed. I actually understand that it's going out to find the stylesheet, but where is the stylesheet? Would it have been installed with the b2Evolution initial install? I don't actually see a directory called rac....

4 Feb 05, 2005 17:28

yup. next to (or on the same level as) the skins folder.

5 Feb 05, 2005 18:07

DER!!!! I was just logging in to tell you nevermind. I made the critical error of actually trying to use blogger once upon a time, and it installed a ton of directories. I was getting my b2 install confused with that installed and missed the directory.

Again, thank you so much for the help!!!!

Form is loading...