Recent Topics

1 Aug 05, 2006 13:29    

Hi,

I just installed V1.8. and I get 3 errors when I try to set up "Blog by email"

First, When I set the options and click Update, the page refresh with 2 error messages:

Warning: settype(): Invalid type in /home/content/y/a/n/yanndc87/html/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 1174

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/y/a/n/yanndc87/html/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php:1174) in /home/content/y/a/n/yanndc87/html/blogs/inc/VIEW/_menutop.php on line 38

Then, when I click to test the connection it fails:
Connecting to pop server...
Connection failed: POP3: premature NOOP OK, NOT an RFC 1939 Compliant server

I do not think this error message is relevant.

Even if the error message appears, the options are properly saved.

I found out that somehtimes it's about the spaces after the last ?> in the config files. I fixed couple of them but it does not change anything.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

2 Aug 05, 2006 20:13

in /inc/CONTROL/settings/features.php, find this line:
$Request->param( 'eblog_server_port', '#\d*#', '' );
and replace it with
$Request->param( 'eblog_server_port', 'integer', 0 );

This fixes the "settype" warning and therefor also the "headers already sent" warning (which was just because of the first warning).

3 Aug 05, 2006 20:43

Many many many thanks!

It fixed all the errors that were appearing at the top of the page.

blueyed wrote:

in /inc/CONTROL/settings/features.php, find this line:
$Request->param( 'eblog_server_port', '#\d*#', '' );
and replace it with
$Request->param( 'eblog_server_port', 'integer', 0 );

This fixes the "settype" warning and therefor also the "headers already sent" warning (which was just because of the first warning).

4 Aug 27, 2006 16:37

I fixed the first two warnings, by replacing the code that was given above, but when I try and connect for a test I get the

Connecting to pop server...
Connection failed: POP3: premature NOOP OK, NOT an RFC 1939 Compliant server

What am I to do?

6 Aug 27, 2006 21:06

QMail & non-RFC1939 Compliant Mail Servers (25-May-05) If you receive the following error message when you run the getmail.php script manually:

Connecting to pop server... Connection failed: POP3: premature NOOP OK, NOT an RFC 1939 Compliant server

It might be fixed by modifying the "_class_pop3.php" (v0.9x ... might be a different file in v1.8), around line 132. ADD a "return true;" in the following spot.

$this->RFC1939 = $this->noop();
return true;  <-- add this line
if($this->RFC1939) { 

(Apparently, qmail and some other mail servers, are not 100% RFC 1939 compliant).

Form is loading...