Hi I've been using 6.7.8 for a while as each time I upgrade it fails. I had tried the auto upgrade as usual and on other occasions tried overwriting that with a manual ftp.
The manual overwrite only worked to get me to the current 6.7.8 since then I can't even get that to work.
So today I'm trying again.
Auto upgrade went well, as usual since 6.7.8, until asked to update the data base and I get this http://calstock.org.uk/install/index.php?action=auto_upgrade&locale=en-GB which is my 500 file, but the file does exist in public_html
Any ideas folk?
I get the same error for all shortened url's except http://calstock.org.uk/ whence I get a 503 error saying System Upgrade in progress
So so I can't get into the /install/ folder to manually try the address.
I have tried, in past times, to rename the maintenance files but that hasn't worked on all since 6.7.8: haven't tried it this time
Ok as usual I have now renamed the umaintenance file and I get the 'Database schema is not up to date!' page but going to the install page gets me a 500 error again just this time it's the /install/index.php without the parameters, and yes the file still exists
All files ending php give a 500 error all others txt, html htm whether the file exists or not go to 'Database schema is not up to date!' page