Recent Topics

1 Jan 04, 2009 13:40    

When I try to publish post, or set my blog description widget using polish characters (ó ł ż ć ) I see this...

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!
Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'(Errno=1267)
Your query: Check URL against antispam blacklist
SELECT aspm_string       
FROM  evo_antispam
WHERE 'łó' LIKE CONCAT("%",aspm_string,"%")
LIMIT 0, 1

Everything is working without polish characters. Im using utf-8 pl_PL language.
What should I do?

3 Jan 07, 2009 14:22

I had to erase all rows with latin collation, I couldnt just change existing one for utf-8. After this I had to install b2evo again.
But now everything works as it should!

Thank you!

4 Sep 12, 2009 05:03

sam2kb wrote:

You must install b2evolution with UTF-8 support first http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13709.

Your database collation is latin_swedish, so you would have to either convert it to UTF-8 or reinstall b2evo.

Whoa, it is a real pain to get UTF-8 to work correctly. The script provided in the other thread didn't work. What finally worked was exporting the database to a file, replacing latin1 with utf8 in the file, deleting the database, creating a new database with the correct collation, and then reimporting the altered exported database. I don't get why I didn't have these problems in WordPress, because it used the exact same database.

Form is loading...