Recent Topics

1 Jun 10, 2009 19:10    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I read through the documentation and browsed the FAQ but I didnt see this mentioned (unless I was searching for incorrect phrases). I am looking to create a tab (like the tabs above on this site) that point to different links within my site, speficially a tab link to point to the forums page, one to the members only section and one for the documentation section. I have gone through the backoffice options numerous times and have not found the what option does this.

Thanks

PS.

Really impressed with this package so far though.

2 Jun 10, 2009 19:41

Hi a_user

Welcome to the forums. You can add the Free HTML widget to the container of your choice and add the links to directly.

I don't know what skin you are using but it will probably be something like this:

<li><a href="http://url-to-your-forum.com">Forum</a></li>

L

4 Jun 10, 2009 23:16

okay i figured this out. probably obvious for anyone who spent some time with this but you need to add a new blog, name what you want the tab called and then change the absolute link path.

5 Jun 11, 2009 02:41

Ummm... that's not true at all. The only time you need to create a new blog is when you want to have a new blog. lturner's answer was correct, but not complete. After adding links you want via a Free HTML widget you would then have to modify your style sheet to use the doodads that make the fake tabs happen on your new widget. Untested, but most certainly style makes the links look like tabs - not being a blog.

Just sayin ya know? Like, now you have blogs created that aren't blogs just because you wanted links.

6 Jun 11, 2009 09:02

Ah, OK now I see what you are getting at. Easier to understand now I know what skin you are using.

EdB is spot on, you should really only add another blog if you actually want another blog. If all you want is a link then sticking to the Free HTML widget should still be the best way to go. All we need to do is to make sure we use the same HTML in the Free HTML widget as the tabs so it all styles the same (like EdB said). Thankfully, looking at the source of that skin the author added a handy comment:

<!-- Add your custom tabs here
<td class="option"><a href="#">Custom Tab 1</a></td> -->

So, find the container where the tabs are held - This will probably be the container with the public blog list widget in and add the Free HTML widget to it. Enter the following html to the widget and see where we get to:

<td class="option"><a href="http://url_to_forum.com">Forum</a></td>

Let us know how you get on
L

Form is loading...