Recent Topics

1 Aug 14, 2009 02:27    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hi! Upgrading from 2.4.7 to 3.3.1 went fine apart from one thing: I can no longer upload files. When I click on "upload" in the file manager popup I get an empty page (see screenshot). Permissions are 777 in the media folder and I haven't changed anything. What can be the reason? thanks for your help!

http://www.antropologi.info/temp/upload.jpg

2 Aug 14, 2009 14:58

I have the same problem.

-> Choose box called "Images & Attachments"
-> "Save & start attaching files"
-> "Add Link/Files (popup)
-> In popup window I choose "upload"
-> select the file(s)
-> "Upload to server now".

After this, the file is uploaded (I can find it on the webserver disk), but when I go back to "Images & Attachments", it is nothing there: "No results". "Refresh" does not help.

Also:

When in the popup window called "File management", it says:

Current dir: all/ Refresh (No directories, 678 files, 86 MB )

However, the listing of the files failes after only 30 or so files.

When I overwrite 3.3.1 with my old 2.somethingsomething (and replace the database), it works as it should.

If anything I wrote is unclear, please do not hesitate to ask for more infomation.

Best,
C.

3 Aug 15, 2009 09:05

I confirm the bug.
Moved to the bugs forum.

Post edit tab > "Add Link/Files (popup)" > "Upload" > I see the same as on the screenshot above.

Same thing happens from Files > Upload

4 Aug 17, 2009 03:15

This is kind of a big problem for just a "bug," as I'll now have to give all of my bloggers FTP accounts.

Is there any work around for this? Its ridiculous that they'd release a "stable" version with a problem as big as this.

5 Aug 17, 2009 07:05

The truth is this release is still far from stable :(

6 Aug 17, 2009 07:19

To fix this simply create new directories with write permissions in media folder

media/shared/
media/shared/global/

8 Aug 18, 2009 06:28

I've hit the same bug, and the new directory solution does fix it. Worked like a champ, thanks sam2kb.

10 Aug 20, 2009 00:27

Yes, the new directory solution helps. Thanks a lot, sam2kb!

11 Sep 18, 2009 22:53

This is not really a bug. You have an issue only when you don't follow the upgrade instructions.

You are supposed to upload all new files to your server. That includes the media folder structure. Especially:
media/shared/global/

Form is loading...