Recent Topics

1 Oct 21, 2009 21:30    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

is it possible to show just the Article with the Intro-Main-type on the first the "home"-page?

On the pages shown in the categories there should be 10 or more articles...

thx and greetings from germany

Co2

2 Oct 23, 2009 19:43

it would require a bit of hacking, But I think that it is possible.

3 Oct 24, 2009 15:45

Hi Walter,

Walter wrote:

it would require a bit of hacking, But I think that it is possible.

than I`ll look for a "hacker" :D

greetings

Co2

4 Oct 26, 2009 08:09

Hi all,

Co2-Reduktion wrote:

than I`ll look for a "hacker" :D

...last try... :) Does anybody a hack to do this: On the main tab of the blog settings there is a point, where I can set how much entries are shown on the page. wouldn't it be great, to be able to set this for every category for it's own? :) thx for everey thought

Co2

5 Oct 26, 2009 08:43

Hi

In Blog Settings -> General you can set how many posts will be displayed per page. I think this will be the default throughout the blog.

In Blog Settings -> SEO there is a section called 'Category Pages' and in there there is a setting called 'Posts per page' to override the default set in the General tab. This means that you can set a different number for the all categories but not individual categories.

There is the same setting for Tag and archive pages as well.

Is that what you are looking for ?

L

6 Oct 26, 2009 12:32

Hi lturner,

first of all, ACK 'cause of the crosspost, sorry for that!

lturner wrote:

Is that what you are looking for ?

Very near :D

The only problem is, that can't set the "Blog Settings -> General" value on "0 Entries..."

At the moment there is displayed one Entry under the "welcome"-picture...

But that's ok, in every case better, than that what I had :)

thx alot and greetings from germany!

Co2

7 Oct 26, 2009 12:50

OK, not sure if I understand correctly but given that the Intro-Main only displays on the home page can you not just make the Intro-Main post a 'normal' post and display that one post on the home page ?

L

8 Oct 26, 2009 13:24

lturner wrote:

OK, not sure if I understand correctly but given that the Intro-Main only displays on the home page can you not just make the Intro-Main post a 'normal' post and display that one post on the home page ?

HMMMMM, very strange!

Works like that, but I don't understand, why newer Entries don't displace the welcome-picture...

Second problem is, that a normal POST needs to have a category, in which the welcome entry is now also displayed... :)

to make it clear:
http://freitagstefan.de/dokumentation/blogs/index.php?blog=10
and also on category "Allgemeines":
http://freitagstefan.de/dokumentation/blogs/index.php/allgemein-3/?blog=10

thx for your help! :D

Co2

9 Oct 26, 2009 14:04

got it... :D

just a mom, writing how!

10 Oct 26, 2009 14:14

OK:

1. Created the welcome page with as "page"-type
2. Activated the "pages-widget"
3. opend the welcome page
4. copied the URL
5. Deactivated the "pages-widget"
6. Made a forwarding adress-URL (http://www.nic.de.vu/) like www.something.de.vu and made that adress open the copied URL
7. If I open the page with the www.something.de.vu Adress the welcome page is shown without getting the welcome page somewhere else!

:D

thx lturner your tipps showed me the way!

Co2

Form is loading...