1. Please bear with me since I am not a webmaster with strong technical skills. My b2evolution installation is at http://www.mynippon.com/blogs/
2. I was successfully able to upgrade it to 4.1.5 but then using Softaculous the upgrade hung up on me at 95% and nothing happened. This was in March 2012. Since my website was otherwise running fine, I just let it go.
3. Now I am told that my outdated setup maybe causing security problems, so I tried again. I was unsuccessful in using Softaculous in cpanel (it does not make a make a backup and then just hangs up).
4. I tried to upgrade manually by following the instructions that come with the zip file. Unfortunately, when I use the final install command, I get the [Duplicate column name 'hit_disp'(Errno=1060) error]
5. When I tried to visit my blog I get the Database schema is not up to date! You have schema version «10300», but we would need «11110».
6. I have read most of the questions related to these errors, and based on my limited knowledge, it appears that I might have damaged the database itself back when I tried to upgrade using Softaculous in 2012 and then again today.
7. What are my options? Is this the end of my blog? Is there anyway to restore it or upgrade it or get my content out?