So I was wanting to put some stuff on my website, Photos-Blog etc. which B2evolution is really good at but, then of course came the problem of how to integrate the 2.
- First I considered letting B2E live in an inline frame. Quite dirty and then for example there is the bookmarking problem: I read a bit on that, and found that it is actually not a trivial problem to solve. (If there is a trivial solution to this, then please let me know :-) ).
And also the two is not really integrated by that method (My website is just simple with no user registration etc.).
- Then I began considering 'hacking' my code into B2E, and it seems that is a more fruitful way.
- Where to touch is the problem, what is the easiest and least 'dirty' way, for a geek who doesn't have so much time to make it work ? (question 1)
What I tried yesterday:
I got the idea to dump the whole 'body' part of a page into a single widget, that would be neat it thought.
- So I made a copy of the title-widget, renamed it, and put it back in the /inc/widgets/widgets folder. Unfortunately it didn't turn up in the list so I could add it to my new collection (Perhaps I can get a hint on how to work towards that) ? (question 2)
- Then I just tried experimenting with the existing title-widget: My major 'initial' problem was I wanted the php-script to read my html-file (which in turn includes it's own css and java scripts). I could make it read the file but, only from the 'outside' (http://www.xxx.com/myfile, and it didn't in turn load it's own includes) even if I placed a file in the widget folder it would not find it (I also tried doing some ../../../../myfile stuff, (permission problem ?) ) But the question is, can I make the widget php-script (_coll_title.widget.php) read my file from 'inside' recursively (so my file will also load/include it's own stuff ?(question 3) )
Many greetings and thanks