Recent Topics

1 Feb 26, 2012 11:21    

The Avatars Plugin allows you to attach avatars (display pictures, gravatars, profile pics, etc) to a user, blog, post and category. You upload avatars within the b2evo administration, with either a large or small (or both) avatar images. If a large avatar image is specified then lightbox functionality is seen, as when the user clicks the small avatar, the large avatar will show in a lightbox.

This plugin works in b2evolution v4.1 and v5. If you need the old versions check this page for 2.x http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=15641 and this for 1.x http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=9210

[Plugin min v4.1] Avatars for b2evolution v4.1 and v5

Demo skin (evopress), modified files for b2evolution v4.1.1 - v4.1.3, installation and usage instructions are included.

Download v2.3.1: http://www.sonorth.com/travel/download/ABBIZZAFAO

Q: How do I upload avatars?
- Upload post avatars from post edit tab e.g. admin.php?ctrl=items&action=edit&p=1
- Upload post author, user, and comment author avatars from user profile tab e.g. admin.php?ctrl=users&user_ID=1
- Upload category avatars from category edit tab e.g. admin.php?blog=1&ctrl=chapters&cat_ID=1&action=edit

Changelog:
v2.3.1 - 27/02/2012
* New image resize options: "crop to top", "crop to center", "crop to bottom"

v2.3.0 - 12/02/2012
* The plugin is now compatible with b2evolution 4 and 5 only
* Simplified installation process
* Uses built-in colorbox library
* Code clean-up

Demo skin

2 Feb 26, 2012 13:53

Cool ! Finally : D Now i have a lot of digging in the previous versions thread for modifications/hacks.Hopefully they will still work (:

3 Feb 26, 2012 13:55

I updated the hacks and the demo skin, just read instructions in the plugin.

The good thing is that hacks will not be needed in b2evo v5 :)

4 Feb 26, 2012 13:56

Cool, we'll see : D How should we upgrade, by overwriting old plugin folder or uninstal> new install ? Does it make any difference.

Btw by hacks i didnt mean the hacks we had to do to get it working, but the custom hacks i made along the way after getting it work.

5 Feb 26, 2012 13:59

These are the steps to update any plugin:
- disable the plugin
- delete plugins folder from /plugins directory (keep data folders in /media if any)
- upload the new plugin
- enable it

7 Feb 26, 2012 22:21

upgraded the plugin, everything looks okay, except the colorbox is not working

10 Feb 27, 2012 20:31

Plugin updated to v2.3.1

11 Feb 27, 2012 20:52

sam2kb wrote:

Plugin updated to v2.3.1

nice (:

12 Feb 28, 2012 11:57

Cropping works as expected, well done (:

Btw, why do we have to upload the image twice one for large, one for small ?

Cant it create the small one from the large one ?

Finally, my large avatars are not showing up

13 Feb 28, 2012 16:41

Large are optional. We can probably create small too if a large one is uploaded and there's no existing small avatar.

Large won't show up if there's no small

14 Feb 28, 2012 18:51

well i have both small and large, but large is not showing up

15 Feb 28, 2012 19:49

Where is that, can you post a link to that post?

16 Feb 28, 2012 21:45

ok it shows now, weird.. maybe it was the cache,i or sth temprorary i dont know

17 Feb 29, 2012 00:41

another strange thing, i dont see avatars for my posts to add in writing screen.categories & blog are fine though.

18 Feb 29, 2012 04:45

You can only add avatars in Advanced mode

19 Mar 06, 2012 18:39

Thanks for updating this plugin! Will this work with my previous hack to combine the related posts with an avatar (see my School of Puppetry site in my signature)?

20 Mar 06, 2012 20:07

This plugin does not work in b2evolution v3

21 Mar 06, 2012 20:14

Er, not what I meant... I was using the site as an example of how the avatars/related posts is combined. I was hoping that if I upgraded to 4x I could keep the related posts with avatars as that is a popular way people navigate the site. I have been putting off the upgrade mainly because of this plugin.

22 Mar 06, 2012 20:17

This plugin works just like the other version. There should be no problem after update. However you may need to edit your skin a bit after upgrade to v4.1

23 Mar 06, 2012 20:43

Again, please refer to my original question:

Will this new version work with the hack to combine avatars with related posts widget? I take it that since it works like the other version, that would be a yes?

24 Mar 06, 2012 20:56

That's exactly what I mean. I don't see any reason why it would not work. If something would not work, just let me know in this thread

25 Mar 06, 2012 21:00

Ok thanks. When I have some time I'll install it and the hack and leave a comment here about if it works.

26 Mar 06, 2012 21:02

If you want to play safe, create a copy of your blog at /domain-root/new/ or similar, upgrade it, apply all the changes etc. And then, if it works fine, move it to the domain root.

27 Mar 07, 2012 13:10

I have uploaded a post avatar to a page, but it's not showing up, it's still displaying the default avatar

29 Mar 07, 2012 15:54

sam2kb wrote:

Post a link

i will but the server is down :( f*ck, it has been stable for months now,dont know what the hell happened.

What makes it worse is recently i made a lot of improvements (installing apc, tweaking apache etc.), and it went down again.

I used to keep caches on for a long time, but for the last few days, i have disabled caches for they intervene with the front end development.

30 Mar 07, 2012 17:26

Do you still have hit logging disabled?

Tip: to request an uncached page while logged out, add some params to the URL. You will also need to add "redir=no"

cached: myblog.tld/index.php
1st attempt - fresh: myblog.tld/index.php?redir=no&whatever
2nd attempt - cached: myblog.tld/index.php?redir=no&whatever, so you just change "whatever" with "whatever1", "whatever2" etc.

31 Mar 07, 2012 17:28

By the way, you can't disable hit logging if you want to use Search cloud plugin.

32 Mar 07, 2012 19:12

sam2kb wrote:

Do you still have hit logging disabled?

Tip: to request an uncached page while logged out, add some params to the URL. You will also need to add "redir=no"

cached: myblog.tld/index.php
1st attempt - fresh: myblog.tld/index.php?redir=no&whatever
2nd attempt - cached: myblog.tld/index.php?redir=no&whatever, so you just change "whatever" with "whatever1", "whatever2" etc.

Nope, i actually never have disabled it, simply because of search cloud.
And i didnt feel the need to, cause it was pretty stable up until today.. I am still digging through logs, to see what went wrong.
Thanks for the tip

33 Mar 07, 2012 19:35

You need to tune up the server. A single b2evo shouldn't freeze the whole server, even if it gets a lot of hits. Let me know if you need help with that.

34 Mar 07, 2012 23:44

sam2kb wrote:

You need to tune up the server. A single b2evo shouldn't freeze the whole server, even if it gets a lot of hits. Let me know if you need help with that.

Yea, i did my best with whm allows me and my limited command line knowledge.I am no expert in server maintenance but i did a lot of optimizations recently, from what i read in google.

I am currently using a vps but i am not satisfied with the performance.There are some good companies that offer dedi.'s in Turkey at around 60-100 $ but they are mostly using DirectAdmin or Plesk and i am much of a Cpanel/whm guy.So if i am to migrate, i would like a cpanel/whm admin.I'd like to hear any suggestions you might have at around 60-120 $ per month for a vps/dedi (prefferredly based in Europe, definitely not in U.S) .

36 Mar 09, 2012 16:11

Hello,

I've installed the plugin on a 4.1.3 version of b2evolution (upgraded from 4.12 by just copying the modified files from the latest patch).

Everything looks fine (I can upload pictures as avatars on post users, post, categories areas, etc) but the avatar it doesn't get displayed.
I tried another skin but the same result (my default skin I is b2evo_ru).

It behaves like the plugin is not activated even if it is :)
Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks.

37 Mar 09, 2012 16:36

You need to edit your skin, see the readme.html in plugin's directory.
Install the demo skin for reference.

38 Mar 18, 2012 14:46

I've had a problem installing this on v4.1.2. I downloaded the plugin and followed the installation steps - basically uploaded the plugin files, then overwrote the core files using the files from install_b2evo_4.1.zip. I installed and enabled the plugin from the backend, added the code to the skin... And then tried to upload an avatar to both a post and a category. I got a blank page for each (ie. the uploader redirected to a blank page) with no errors. Also no errors displayed in the logs on my Cpanel or in my files, and no avatars showing on the blog either.

I haven't tried adding in the hacks manually yet, but the install_b2evo files should have worked for this version yes?

39 Mar 18, 2012 20:38

Blank page on upload usually means that either file was too large, permissions problem or target directory is not accessible. Also try reloading plugin events on Global settings > Plugins page, there's a link on the right.

That patch should work fine for 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 versions

40 Mar 18, 2012 21:07

I checked the permissions and all files were set to 644. I reuploaded just in case, reloaded the plugin as suggested... same problem. I uploaded the files directly via Cpanel and had no problems with file sizes or accessing directories.

42 Apr 14, 2012 05:14

I checked the permissions and all files were set to 644.

I mean directory permissions. Set them to 777 or 775 recursively, starting from /media/avatars

@tilqicom
Was the previous version working with exact same skin, settings and avatars location?

43 Apr 14, 2012 14:59

sam2kb wrote:

@tilqicom
Was the previous version working with exact same skin, settings and avatars location?

Well frankly, i dont remember. I didnt used to use post/page avatars often.

44 Apr 14, 2012 23:46

Edit the plugin on line 1034

if( ($avatar = $this->get_avatar( $params['type'], $avatar_name, '#', $opt_params )) !== NULL )
{	// Display selected avatar
	echo $this->get_avatar_display($avatar, $params['style'], $params['before'], $params['after'], $params['noavatar'] );
}
else
{
	echo $params['type'].': '.$avatar_name;

}

45 Apr 15, 2012 00:13

sam2kb wrote:

Edit the plugin on line 1034

if( ($avatar = $this->get_avatar( $params['type'], $avatar_name, '#', $opt_params )) !== NULL )
{	// Display selected avatar
	echo $this->get_avatar_display($avatar, $params['style'], $params['before'], $params['after'], $params['noavatar'] );
}
else
{
	echo $params['type'].': '.$avatar_name;

}

nope, no luck.

46 Apr 15, 2012 00:39

do you see something like "post: 44" where the avatar should be?

47 Apr 15, 2012 01:47

sam2kb wrote:

do you see something like "post: 44" where the avatar should be?

nope, just the default avatar and nothing else.

48 Nov 26, 2012 18:34

is there a
'size' => 'large',
param ?
How can i get the large avatar ? Facebook automatically grabs the small category avatar, which is too small for its liking.

49 Dec 12, 2012 08:18

All links in the first post, including the download link, seem to be broken by the new forum formatting. Is it possible to download the plugin from somewhere else?

Form is loading...