Recent Topics

1 May 31, 2011 03:06    

The plugin allows you to insert facebook like button in your posts / virtually anywhere in your blog as a widget with a single click.

No more "where do i insert this";
Just install the plugin, and you are good to go.See the readme for more info.

http://i54.tinypic.com/69ktbc.jpg
[url=http://sourceforge.net/projects/evocms-plugins/files/fblikebutton_plugin/fblikebutton_plugin1.5.zip/download]Download[/url]: http://sourceforge.net/projects/evocms-plugins/files/fblikebutton_plugin/

The plugin uses the iframe version not the fbml, this is for novice users, i am working on a complete facebook connect plugin for intermediate/advanced users.

2 Jun 01, 2011 16:08

Thanks for the plugin!

A little mistake... In Layout Style it reads "Standart" instead of "Standard"... Nothing important really...

Wishlist:

Possibility of editing the Facebook page instead of sending the link without user intervention.

The plugin is EASY, works very well and yes, no more "where do I insert this..."

3 Jun 01, 2011 21:15

gcasanova wrote:

Thanks for the plugin!

A little mistake... In Layout Style it reads "Standart" instead of "Standard"... Nothing important really...

Wishlist:

Possibility of editing the Facebook page instead of sending the link without user intervention.

The plugin is EASY, works very well and yes, no more "where do I insert this..."

Thanks for the feedback.fixed the typo.But i couldnt understand the

gcasanova wrote:

Possibility of editing the Facebook page instead of sending the link without user intervention."

part.

PLUGIN UPDATED:

Added a customizable widget as well.Which means you can add a like button anywhere in your page for anything.Either the current page whichever the visitor is on or any custom url you would like.

4 Jun 02, 2011 04:17

I'll try and explain myself better.

Usually, when you "Like" something in a page, a pop-up window appears that places the link you liked, and a form box where you can put a comment that will appear with the link you Liked in Facebook.
With your plugin, the link was published in my facebook timeline at once without allowing me to add any comment.

5 Jun 02, 2011 09:45

gcasanova wrote:

I'll try and explain myself better.

Usually, when you "Like" something in a page, a pop-up window appears that places the link you liked, and a form box where you can put a comment that will appear with the link you Liked in Facebook.
With your plugin, the link was published in my facebook timeline at once without allowing me to add any comment.

ok understood now, but to my knowledge, that box appears when you "share" sth via facebook, not "like".

6 Jun 05, 2011 14:18

I wasn't aware of the Like and Share distinction.
Can you integrate the share option into the plugin?
Or maybe you could create another one for the share option :D
It would also be very interesting to have a plugin for Google + 1

Anad the best plugin would be one that has in one row, side by side, at the top or bottom of each post the Twitter, Faceboo and Google +1 buttons.

Anyway, your plugin is great, Thanks!

7 Jun 05, 2011 17:01

gcasanova wrote:

I wasn't aware of the Like and Share distinction.
Can you integrate the share option into the plugin?
Or maybe you could create another one for the share option :D
It would also be very interesting to have a plugin for Google + 1

Anad the best plugin would be one that has in one row, side by side, at the top or bottom of each post the Twitter, Faceboo and Google +1 buttons.

Anyway, your plugin is great, Thanks!

There is already similar plugins around that offer similar options (ShareThis) etc.

It is pretty easy to extend the plugin into a social share plugin, but the write up takes time.I could do it in some free time, but i dont see if its worth the time to spend hours on such a plugin where there are a handful b2 users left.

Btw, i noticed that you get prompted for what you think on your "Like" if you use FBML and not the iframe version.

8 Jun 06, 2011 15:11

There is already similar plugins around that offer similar options (ShareThis) etc.

It is similar but it doesn't work well in some cases, in my case, when you try to share with Facebook, it shares the blog and not the post.

It is pretty easy to extend the plugin into a social share plugin, but the write up takes time.I could do it in some free time, but i dont see if its worth the time to spend hours on such a plugin where there are a handful b2 users left.

I understand and can't blame you for not working on something that few will use and appreciate. But some of us have blogs that can't be migrated to other systems and thus are stuck until the end of b2... for those of us in that situation, any new plugin like yours is welcomed and really appreciated.

Btw, i noticed that you get prompted for what you think on your "Like" if you use FBML and not the iframe version.

I don't know how to implement the FBML...

Form is loading...