Recent Topics

1 Nov 29, 2006 18:51    

:-/ I've searched on the board for some time now and haven't found this topic explained.

I'm trying to remove the borders from the Comments form (current skin uses the niftycorners skin as the original template).

I've looked throught style sheets and /skins/_feedback.php to no avail. Can someone explain how this is done or point me in the right direction for this modification?

Thanks for the assistance.

Cr@zyCh@rlie

2 Dec 03, 2006 19:39

Could you provide a link to your blog so i can inspect your stylesheet.

4 Dec 03, 2006 20:20

Open up the skin's css file and look for
fieldset

then remove it's border field, it should be 2px groove #F0F0F0

Offtopic:
You also don't have a linkback on your blog, but you do include the meta-tag which says b2evolution, which is all i care about.
http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=7063

5 Dec 07, 2006 18:25

balupton,

Thanks for the review. I've been on other projects and haven't had a chance to get back on here.

I re-added the link to b2evolution. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, I looked throughout the whole blog folder and couldn't find any settings that matched the fieldset attributes you posted. I did a sitewide search within all .css files for just 'groove' and nothing came up.

I also tried adding the fieldset class with attribute border: none but that didn't do anything, either. (I tried both fieldset and .fieldset, too.)

I looked in all the root classes and couldn't find anything that even referenced that.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

6 Dec 08, 2006 01:22

I would recommend using Firefox and the "Firebug" extension. This lets you "inspect" the CSS and you would see where it comes from. No support or instructions for this here to find - just a good suggestion.

7 Dec 08, 2006 01:31

I didn't know firebug does that, i've just used it for javascript work.

I use the cssviewer extension.

I could not find 'groove' or 'fieldset' either, which is strange, so stick this at the end of your skin's css file

fieldset {
border:none;
}

I've checked that in realtime via teh webdeveloper toolbar extension and it worked.

8 Dec 08, 2006 06:46

I actually tried that earlier along with background: none; and also background: #fff;

None of those worked. I also tried it with just fieldset and also .fieldset as a class.

I'll try again tomorrow and see if there is an attribute overwriting that style.

I'll also look through the JavaScript to see if I can find an inline definition or reference to a different style or style sheet somewhere.

Thanks.

9 Dec 08, 2006 07:28

Okay. So, it was bugging me and I put the style in the lowest level style sheet and it worked!

Excellent...

Thank you so much for your help, balupton!

Form is loading...