Recent Topics

1 Dec 03, 2006 10:11    

Hi,

i'm searching for a blog application that can provide me with multiple blogs from one backend. b2e looks like a piece of software that is able to do so.

Am i also able to have a subdomain for each blog with B2E?

Example:

normally b2e would be able to do something like:

domain.com/blog/
domain.com/linkblog/
domain.com/photoblog/

correct?

i would like to have

blog.domain.com
linkblog.domain.com
photoblog.domain.com

and so on.

Normally this should not be a problem with .htaccess but of course the software needs to support it to manage all the internal linking and stuff.

Would be great if b2e could do this.

4 Dec 03, 2006 22:30

Yes.. use an empty stub.
And if it works out, it would be great if you would add it to the wiki documentation.

5 Dec 03, 2006 22:44

worked great and just added this to the wiki. Please have a look at it as my english is not the best ;)

6 Dec 03, 2006 23:48

Looks fine. Thank you.. :)

7 Dec 04, 2006 10:10

hmm okay - seems like there's still a problem.

Yesterday i tried that with a testinstallation of b2e 1.9.1 - today i tried to set this up on my future production environment with of course the latest stable.

Now i get an error when calling a subdomain-blog:

Blog::get(baseurl)/baseurlroot - assertion failed.

The $baseurl in _basic_config.php is set to 'http://www.domain.com/' (my domain of course). Is this not yet working in the latest stable but in 1.9.x ?

Edit: my fault - forgot the trailing slash on the absolute URL - working now. Added a note to the wiki ;)

8 Dec 05, 2006 13:20

okay - one more problem.

The "All" Blog links to all categories - which is fine somehow, but there's a problem with that.

The link to the category is

mainblog.domain.com/?cat=35

instead of

subblog.domain.com/?cat=35

The link seems to be done relatively which works of course but would be a serious google problem (duplicate content). Is this just a skin issue which can be fixed?

Best,
Frank

9 Dec 05, 2006 13:43

The following patch should fix it (replacing one line).
Line numbers refer to v-1-9, but the context is the same in v-1-8:

--- blogs/plugins/_categories.plugin.php        4 Nov 2006 19:55:11 -0000       1.24.2.2
+++ blogs/plugins/_categories.plugin.php        5 Dec 2006 12:40:30 -0000
@@ -283,7 +283,7 @@
                }
                else
                {
-                       $r .= url_add_param( get_bloginfo('blogurl'), 'cat='.$cat_ID );
+                       $r .= url_add_param( blog_list_iteminfo('blogurl', false), 'cat='.$cat_ID );
                }

$r .= '">'.format_to_output($cat['cat_name'], 'htmlbody').'</a> <span class="notes">('.$cat['cat_postcount'].')</span>';

10 Dec 05, 2006 13:46

i'm using 1.9 so that's fine.

Thanks will give it a try shortly :)

11 Dec 05, 2006 13:52

ok great - works fine.

Is there also already a way to have nice seo-URLs for the categories?

sub.domain.com/category/my_category_name

or something like that. Wordpress offers a nice free URL-structuring method. Something like that on b2e would be nice in the future ;)

12 Dec 07, 2006 00:04

This is planned/already implemented for the next major release after 1.9.

Form is loading...