Recent Topics

1 Jan 05, 2007 02:09    

Not sure if it's a bug or if the title makes sense, so I'll try it this way: If you look at your App settings->plugins tab and click the ? link next to a plugin you get a popup window. It's kinda small, but it's a popup containing the readme file. If you click on the plugin's name you get to the plugin's settings page where you also have a ? link. Clicking that link doesn't launch the popup - instead the readme is loaded into the current window. I have a back button and I'm not afraid to use it, but I wonder if this is what is intended, or simply a minor bug.

Also I found something that I either don't understand or didn't do correctly. [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/PluginDocumentation]This page in the manual[/url] tells me to use id="myplugin_plugin_settingname" to create a help link to that specific bit of the readme file, and I think I've done that, but I don't see a ? link next to each setting.

Version is 1.8.6

2 Jan 05, 2007 09:10

Try this for your settings help :

function GetDefaultSettings()
	{
		$r = array(
			'foo' => array(
					'label' => T_('Hello world'),
					'defaultvalue' => 'bar',
					'type' => 'text',
					'help' => true,
				),
			);
		return $r;
	}

¥

3 Jan 05, 2007 09:25

Tried it, didn't like it. Adding a "help true" to each setting made the ? link show up, but it went to $help_url#settingname instead of readme.html#settingname. I even tried doing $r = array( and return $r instead of return array( because one never knows what might be a significant piece of the puzzle. Not a biggie, of course. People can still get the readme and read it if they want.

Hey I'm doing the "simple turing test" as a plugin. So far it looks like the readme will be bigger than the actual plugin 8|

4 Jan 05, 2007 09:53

Damn, I knew it was to easy :P

You can also specify a full url for help, so you could cheat ;)

function GetDefaultSettings()
    {
        $r = array(
            'foo' => array(
                    'label' => T_('Hello world'),
                    'defaultvalue' => 'bar',
                    'type' => 'text',
                    'help' => $this->get_plugin_url().'/readme.html#hello_world',
                ),
            );
        return $r;
    }

You'll have to learn to be more concise with your readme :p

¥

5 Jan 05, 2007 10:33

Cool. Will give it a shot, but I've been "unzipping the distro" (if ya know -hic- what I mean) a bit so I'll try to focus on my "are you human" plugin THEN, after much rest, give this a go. Looks much better, but that could be cuz I'm always impressed with arrays that got fancy stuff in them. Especially when the array is sniggled inside another array that won't be called until another array is recognized by something that's probably an array. Of arrays.

COMPLETELY UNRELATED, PLEASE CHECK THIS CODE FOR ERRORS

if( (glass == 'full') && ($can_barely_walk) ) {
    bottle( 'cap', 'on' );
    bottle( 'restore', 'freezer' );
    } else {
    echo 'dude you let this stuff sit out uncapped????';
    }

6 Jan 05, 2007 10:38

if( (glass == 'full') && ($can_barely_walk) ) {
    bottle( 'cap', 'on' );
    bottle( 'restore', 'freezer' );
    }
    elseif( empty( $glass ) && $still_standing )
   {
      bottle( 'cap', 'off' );
      glass( 'refill', 'contents' );
      bottle( 'cap', 'on' );
   } else {
    echo 'dude you let this stuff sit out uncapped????';
    } 

¥

7 Jan 05, 2007 11:11

Clearly the cap on method needs to include a call to refreezer the "sauce code" :lol:

Back on track: I think maybe I should wait to see if blueyed considers replacing the page as a bug or an expected feature. As things stand now IF he chooses to make the page in the manual be valid then my readme will open to the correct P tag. Ideally it would also open a popup to the identified tag, but for now I'll just leave well enough alone.

Though a rev 0.3 would look like I'm fixing stuff...

8 Jan 06, 2007 00:02

$time_to_call_it_a_day = ( ( $bottle || $ glass ) == 'out of focus' );
echo ( $time_to_call_it_a_day ? 'put the cap on fool' : 'pour another' );

I normally start my plugins with a wierd version number like 127.0.0.1(stable) so it makes me look like I've been working my balls off upgrading it for years :roll:

¥

Form is loading...