Recent Topics

1 Jan 07, 2007 18:56    

I've got a site using B2Evo 1.9.1 here: www.grumpygamer.biz

I've just posted a long article there that's split into three pages. I've also got a teaser on the front page of my blog linking to the rest of the article.

Underneath the teaser on the blog index is my "Continue Reading" link and underneath that "Pages 1 2 3".

Can anyone tell me if there's a way of removing the "Pages 1 2 3" from the teaser part of the post and instead only have these appear within the post itself?

It seems rather messy to me to have the "Continue Reading" and the links to the various pages. But I'd rather not do without the "Continue Reading" link in favour of the page numbers.

I'd like readers to have one entry link (other than the post title at the top of the post) into the artcile and they can then shoose pages once they are in.

And on the same topic, is it possible to have "next page" / "previous page" rather than page numbers?

2 Jan 07, 2007 19:32

crack open skins/<skin name>/_main.php and find a bit of code that looks like this :-

<?php link_pages() ?>

And change it to look like this :-

<?php
if( !empty( $disp ) && !empty( $page ) && $disp == 'single' && $page > 1 )
{
			<?php link_pages( '#', '#', 'next please!') ?>
}
?>

¥

3 Jan 07, 2007 19:50

Thanks.

Haven't quite got it working yet as it gives the error:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in _main.php on line 127"

Though looking at your code I can't see where there is an extra one.

4 Jan 07, 2007 21:49

Make it be

<?php
if( !empty( $disp ) && !empty( $page ) && $disp == 'single' && $page > 1 )
{
            link_pages( '#', '#', 'next please!');
}
?>

The <?php and ?> inside the if thing are probably the cause of the problem.

5 Jan 08, 2007 00:00

Thanks.

No error messages now.

The page numbers disappear from the index page, which is all well and good.

Unfortunately though they disappear / and there's no "next page" style alternative on page 1, no way to get to the second page.

6 Jan 08, 2007 09:43

lol, cheers EdB :cookie:

I'm unclear as to exactly what you want, but try changing the code to :-

<?php
if( !empty( $disp ) && $disp == 'single' )
{
            link_pages( '#', '#', 'next please!');
}
?>

¥

7 Jan 08, 2007 11:12

Thanks. What I want is very similar to what you've supplied in your last post. But it does have a problem.

This solution doesn't show the whole of page 1, instead it only shows the content before a <more> tag.

Form is loading...