Recent Topics

1 Jan 13, 2007 08:24    

This post is for Bit:

Hi all, Sorry if this question has already been answered. It''s really basic, but I can''t find the way for the life of me. I have a Blogger blog that I publish via FTP. Due to the unreliability of the publishing system, I searched for alternatives, and installed b2evo via Fantastico. Now, I have the four sample blogs and am ready to start tweaking them to prepare for posting, but there is one thing that is refraining me from switching: I cannot find where I can configure the Atom feed (or any feed, for that matter) for my blog/s. I clicked on every conceivable option, but I don''t find it. I want the feed to remain the same: www.lalaurette.com.ar/atom.xml, because I already have some people subscribed to that feed via Bloglines and maybe some via desktop aggregators. I don''t want the feed address to change. But I can''t seem to *know* the address of the Atom feed for my blogs, let alone change it. How do I do it? The documentation, you know, is somewhat scarce.

2 Jan 16, 2007 01:48

You should be able to use .htaccess to rewrite the url to index.php?tempskin=atom

If not then if you can tell your server to interpret an xml filetype as php then you can just create an "atom.xml" with the following code

<?php
$tempskin = 'atom';
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/index.php';
?>

¥

3 Jan 17, 2007 23:02

Thanx, Yabba! I will try what you suggest. For now, I am using two feeds, and until I can succesfully import my Blogger posts into b2evo (I am having problems with that).

In the last days, while I was clueless, I used Feedburner to redirect that feed and have a fixed address. Although that doesn't solve my problem, it could spare me from having the same problem in the future. :)

Form is loading...