Recent Topics

1 Jan 14, 2007 23:05    

I had my templates working in 0.9.1 but I finally upgraded to 1.8 and things are different and I cant figure out how to make the comment date become the permalink

<?php	$Comment->permanent_link( $Comment->date('F j, Y') . ' @ ' . $Comment->time( 'g:i a' ), '', '' ); ?>

doesnt work

and I couldnt get the commenters url to work as his name either

2 Jan 15, 2007 13:17

Guadeloupe skin in 1.8.6 does that type of permalink for posts, so maybe replacing Item with Comment in it's code will do the trick for you?

<a href="<?php $Item->permanent_url() ?>" title="Permalink"><?php $Item->issue_date() ?> <?php $Item->issue_time() ?></a>

This is only a guess!

3 Jan 15, 2007 15:48

I tried that and it would only work for permanent links to the full article, for comments I need the anchor link (Example: #c3 )

4 Jan 20, 2007 05:30

1 down and 1 to go. I found something in the wpc_aubmach template that works for the date comment link
:D

<a href="<?php $Comment->permanent_url() ?>" title="<?php echo T_('Permanent link to this comment') ?>"><?php $Comment->date('F j, Y') ?> @ <?php $Comment->time( 'g:i a' ) ?></a>

However I still cant get the Comment Link to be the author's name, If I can just get the following to output the authors name, its calling a class inside a class, and since I dont know classes very well its probably got some wrong syntax

$Comment->author_url( $Comment->get_author() , '', '' );

:'(

Form is loading...