Recent Topics

1 Jan 15, 2007 20:05    

Hello,
again I find myself in difficulties by adding an About me page to my b2ev.
Have followed step by step the instructions from post
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=9140
and it's all fine untill when I want to see my About Me page. By clicking on my link to my page appears the following error meassage

Warning: main(/home/meditate/public_html/personal-development/blog/skins/Nescafe/_aboutme.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/meditate/public_html/personal-development/blog/skins/Nescafe/_main.php on line 205

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/meditate/public_html/personal-development/blog/skins/Nescafe/_aboutme.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/meditate/public_html/personal-development/blog/skins/Nescafe/_main.php on line 205

I understand that I should include in my main.php all that gibberish:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'
but I don't know what that all means.
If you want to see by yourself here's my site:
http://personal-development.meditationsession.com

Could I get a claryfication what I've to do please.
Thanks in advance
greetings
bwerner

2 Jan 16, 2007 00:57

Do you have a link to your blog.
The hack I wrote up is set up to link within the B2 blog via a url ending such as ... "/index.php?disp=about"

3 Jan 16, 2007 01:52

You need to have _aboutme.php in your skin/<skin name> folder (nescafe in your case)

¥

4 Jan 16, 2007 08:11

Yes, I created an aboutme.php file in my skin folder
(have tried an text file renaming it to php and also actualy a html file renamed to php, nothing works) and have set up a link like that from the above hack in my main.php

<li><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'dynurl', 'raw' ) ?>"><strong><?php echo T_('Recently') ?></strong></a> <!-- <span class="dimmed"><?php echo T_('(no cache)') ?></span> --></li> 
         <li><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'lastcommentsurl', 'raw' ) ?>"><strong><?php echo T_('Last comments') ?></strong></a></li> 
<?php // 
// MOD: Add a disp=something page 
// ?> 
         <li><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'something', 'raw' ) ?>" title="link to something page"><strong><?php echo T_('Something') ?></strong></a></li> 
<?php // 
// END MOD: Add a disp=something page 
// ?> 
      </ul>

replacing "something" with aboutme.php
The result is the warning message

5 Jan 16, 2007 09:10

Have resolved the question of the link, was a mistake in the line where i placed the code.
But now there is another problem, on my about page appears nothing
notwithstanding that i've created a html file and edited it with the code of the above hack

<?php 
/** 
 * Begin your _something.php file with a comment to remind yourself what the page is all about. 
 */ 

if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' ); 
// ======== START OF MAIN AREA ======== ?> 

<div class="bPost"> 
<h3 class="bTitle">This is your something page!</h3> 
<div class="bText"> 
<p>Here we see good old fashioned text.  Remember to tag up your html as you would have way back in the days of hand coded webs!</p> 
<p>Notice how we have a "<div="bPost"> and "</div>"?  The rest of b2evolution will, in most skins, give you a bPosts div and closing tag.</p> 
<p>View your source code if the page is not what you want, as it might be that your skin is creating divs differently than the 'custom' skin.</p> 
</div> 
</div> 

<?php 

?>

but my page is empty.
Any suggestions?

Form is loading...