Recent Topics

1 Jan 18, 2007 04:04    

How can I allow user to register and allow them to post after moderating through post.

I'm using b2eo 1.9.1

Thanks

2 Jan 21, 2007 03:28

I'm not sure I understand, but the first part is easy. On your "App settings->General" tab check the box for "New users can register" then make sure that an un-registered person sees the 'register' link when they visit your page. In 1.8.6 there was an extra box you would have to check to display that link but I can't find a setting for it in 1.9.1 so maybe it's gone? Anyway test this with the included 'custom' skin because it should always work in all regards with the version you're running.

The second part of your question is what confuses me. If you give a blogger permission to post 'public' then there should be no moderation of posts. If you mean "after a comment they made has been approved" then I am afraid there is no method that I know of to allow a successful comment to turn into permission to either post or comment again without moderation. I THINK the "basic_antispam_plugin" can help you with this by setting the karma values, but I'm not sure because I don't use that plugin.

3 Jan 21, 2007 03:47

What I mean by the second question is that I want to moderate the post (just like moderating comments now) and have the choice to publish it or reject it.

Thanks for answering the first question.

4 Jan 21, 2007 10:56

When I login as user and try to access this error:

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Group/user permission denied by b2evolution! (blog_properties:edit:2)

Which is not nice like the message I get when I try to access Category.

5 Jan 21, 2007 11:40

I think I can help you with the second part now that I understand it better. For each blog on your Blog settings tab click on User permissions then 'advanced', and simply do not allow (uncheck) permission to post "published". You then need a method that works for you and your bloggers to agree on when they want to submit a post. For example if they save as "private" you will not worry about, and when they want to post they change the status to "protected". That tells you it's time to decide if it's appropriate for publication or not. Since you, of course, have permission to post as "published" that's what you do.

I can't help you with the error message. Perhaps, assuming a reasonably 'clean' installation, you should post it in the bug reports forum with as much info as possible about the conditions under which the error message happens?

EDIT: I think you can do the same by having the bloggers in a group that does not have "published" permission. Much easier to manage that way because you don't have to edit each user every time you have a new user.

6 Jan 21, 2007 16:26

Thanks EdB,

The second Method resolved my problem.

7 Aug 18, 2007 00:21

just picking up this one now ....

I want to be able to let my registered users to be able to post comments without moderation - even the Basic User group. I have checked the Published box in both the user and group settings.

When I setup a new user to test this it is still requiring moderation for his comment ?

8 Aug 18, 2007 01:19

sorted it .... discovered I had the 'New Feedback status' set to draft which was overiding the other settings

Form is loading...