Recent Topics

1 Jan 24, 2007 01:46    

Hello,

I wanted to know if the "powered by b2evolution" link can be removed or if it is forbidden. Believe that I totally understand how it is important to give credit (and I always do for my personal projects) but the project I'm working on for a client is very particular and may require no apparent credits.

Many thanks in advance for the answer.

2 Jan 24, 2007 07:56

Extremely possible, completely legal. Simply edit your skin's _main.php file and add or remove whatever you need to. When pinging b2evolution.net you won't be listed there without the linkback, and some forum players don't like to answer questions posed by people who remove the linkback, but that's not like the end of the world eh?

3 Jan 24, 2007 15:07

Hello EdB and thank you very much for your reply !

I'll have a link set up on my portfolio, where the project will be listed, and also in my ressources link list. I never feel comfortable with credits removals.

Is pinging b2evolution a necessary thing, or is it something than can be avoided ?

4 Jan 24, 2007 15:51

I have a "powered by" link on my site, but I still don't get listed when pinging b2evolution.net. Anything I can do about that? (http://yfinder.de/)

5 Jan 24, 2007 21:46

Co wrote:

Is pinging b2evolution a necessary thing, or is it something than can be avoided ?

It's not necessary and can be avoided. On your Blog settings tab you select a blog then the advanced sub-tab and either turn off or don't turn on "ping b2evolution.net". Pinging b2evolution when you post gets you listed on the main page here under the recently updated blogs section so not having it isn't like the end of the world right?

wayfinder: That list is maintained by a couple of people, so it's a matter of when one of the admins there sees that you've pinged and checks your site out they'll 'approve' you and future posts will make the page.

7 Jan 27, 2007 16:48

EdB wrote:

wayfinder: That list is maintained by a couple of people, so it's a matter of when one of the admins there sees that you've pinged and checks your site out they'll 'approve' you and future posts will make the page.

I've pinged about a hundred times already, how long does it usually take? Maybe I'm already in the list as a non-approved site because the first week or so I had no "powered by" link.

8 Feb 12, 2007 21:44

So I guess I can give up on this for good by now?

That's a shame. :(

9 Feb 13, 2007 02:36

wayfinder, I just looked into the blog which holds those entries. I cannot search for your domain there (as it seems) and could not find anything for "wayfinder" and only two other blogs for "driven".
Any chance your blog was named differently when you first pinged b2evolution.net?

11 Feb 17, 2007 15:47

Then someone with DB access on the admin blog (François) would be the only one able to help you with this, sorry.

12 Feb 18, 2007 08:41

I think I wrote him an email a while ago, must have somehow slipped through the cracks :(

13 Feb 24, 2007 13:43

just like this post :(

14 Feb 24, 2007 18:43

I also checked the blog that holds those lists and I couldn't find you either. If your blog was "barred" (because you didn't have the linkback) then only the person who barred you and François can actually see your ping and change it to accepted.

I know that doesn't really help you much, just explaining the reality of the situation.

¥

15 Feb 26, 2007 07:54

Okay, thank you for your time

:'(

16 Mar 03, 2007 22:40

msr laplanque? s'il vous plaît?

17 Mar 05, 2007 17:51

I've tried email, I've tried the forums, what's left to try?

20 Mar 08, 2007 13:30

Could you possibly stop bumping this thread.

If François hasn't replied to your email request then there's not a lot else we can do.

¥

21 Mar 09, 2007 21:19

Sorry, I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I just thought maybe François reads this forum.

Form is loading...