Recent Topics

1 Jan 26, 2007 08:23    

Hi,

When updating my skin from 1.8 to 1.9 I noticed some changes in the _feedback file. I am very interested in activating the "DisplayCommentToolbar", but I am a littlebit in the dark about where to activate it.

Can someone shed some light?

TIA!

2 Jan 26, 2007 10:17

AFAIK the smiley plugin is the only one that (currently) uses that hook.

To use it meander over to admin> app settings > plugins and install the smiley plugin from the list of available plugins.

Then meander over to the smiley plugins settings page, tick "render comments" and hit save.

¥

3 Jan 26, 2007 10:29

Thanks for the tip. The smiley's probably are the only thing I do't want there :-)

I'll take a look if I can write a plugin that puts a (customizable) toolbar there...

That'll be my first, then...

Any particular reason that bbcode is not supported in the comments? (Except for spam)

4 Jan 26, 2007 10:36

It is supported in comments (it has a seperate list of available commands for comments to prevent spam) you just need to enable it the same way as the smilies plugin.

Somewhere lying around I've got a half-finished toolbar plugin for 1.9.2 which allows you to "build your own" or modify existing ones. If I can find it I'll finish it off and upload it so you can have a tinker.

¥

5 Jan 26, 2007 10:49

That'll be great!

I just tried to put switch on some plugins using the backoffice. The Quick-tags plugin was switched off, and I activated it (I set it to "always"). But there doesn't seem to change anything! Not in the backend or in the fornt-end.

What am I missing here?

6 Jan 26, 2007 11:37

Check that you're in "expert" mode on the write screen ;)

¥

7 Jan 26, 2007 11:43

I am... I see the same bar as before, with the ins- del etc. toolbar. No smilies.

Can it be that, since I did not replace the /conf map, there are some legacy settings from 0.9.1 that cause this? In that version, if I recall correctly, you should set the smilies etc. manually in the software.

btw: My migration path-> 0.9.1 -> 1.8 -> 1.9

8 Jan 26, 2007 11:49

The "ins del etc" is the QuickTags toolbar.

The smilies should automatically appear in admin once you've installed the plugin. To be sure, check the plugin seetings and your user settings (both should have defaulted to showing the smilies toolbar)

¥

9 Jan 26, 2007 12:02

Well, then the Quicktags plugin displayed itself without being switched on. Interesting...

But still, I can not find the location where I can modify the settings. When I look at the app. settings I get a lot of options, amongst others (regional settings, file settings etc.) the plugins tab. There I can switch the plugin on or off, but no mention of the smilies toolbar there, even when I request the details.

10 Jan 26, 2007 12:05

Have you installed the smilies plugin yet? If not then you need to go to admin > app settings > plugins and click the link that says "show all available plugins", the smilies plugin should be in that list and, once installed it should automatically show up on your "write" tab.

¥

11 Jan 26, 2007 12:18

Thanks, that did the trick. Although I still find it strange that the toolbar is present even though it is set to "never".

12 Jan 26, 2007 12:25

The "never" and "always" relate to whether a plugin renders text (which the quickags doesn't), to remove the toolbar you'd either need to disable it (the funny looking icon on the plugins screen) or uninstall it.

¥

13 Jan 26, 2007 13:09

I figured that out as well... But hey, I'm keeping you from important work :-)

Thanks!

14 Jan 26, 2007 16:39

Sorry to come again with this but...

Any chance I could activate Smiley rendering (and possibly a toolbar too?) for the comments of my blog ? I've got 1.8.6 so the "Emoticons for comments" hack (http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=3326) doesn't work, as doesn't the abovementionned method (which is apparently 1.9 only)... Please help ?

15 Jan 27, 2007 09:41

You'd need to do a fair tad of hacking to the 1.8.6 smiley plugin to achieve this ( btw, you should consider upgrading to at least 1.8.7 ).

¥

Form is loading...