Recent Topics

1 Jan 29, 2007 15:34    

Hi,

One of my two linkblogs is acting strange. The counter which keeps track of the amount of times the topic is opend has gone mad.

It shows that it's opened 1000's of times, although this is not the case.

For example:
[url=http://www.geencommentaar.nl/index.php/linkblog/2007/01/24/microsoft_probeerde_te_klooien_met_wikip#feedbacks]click here[/url]

When I am grepping in my access logs, I don't see anything unusual other than some spammer activity.

I am using version 1.9.2

Anyone a clue?

2 Jan 29, 2007 17:54

I probably have the cause of it.

I have a custom modification that does this:

ob_start();
    $Item->content();
    $linkcontents=ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();

I then store the content of the item in a variable that I use as the title of the linkblog link. It is intended as a "pun-line". As the content of the linkblog items rarely is longer than one line this is no problem.

But I'd recon that every time that the content of the item is loaded, the counter is upped one, n'est ce pas?

This means that every time someone opens a page on my blog the counter is increased one. A nice way of keeping statistics :-)

One problem with this redenation: Why aren't articles that are on the main page upped one?

3 Jan 30, 2007 00:18

Check, that was it. You can counter this by setting the second argument of the call to the $item->content to "false".

Djeez, I am awfully often talking to myself, lately :-)

Form is loading...