Recent Topics

1 Jan 31, 2007 06:50    

I placed my blog within an existing site design, and everything worked peachy -- except my comment boxes run over into another column of my site (the boxes where users actually input their feedback). What file do I need to be in to reduce the width of those comment boxes, so that I can keep within my layout parameters?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

- Nick

2 Jan 31, 2007 14:39

It might be easier if you add a link to your site so we can snoop around in the code and css.

3 Jan 31, 2007 21:17

Sorry! I should've thought to post the link the first time. My site is:

http://www.nemiller.com

You'll notice that when you go to leave a comment, or contact me via the contact form, the boxes lap into my second column. I just want to shorten the width of them so they don't do that, but I don't know where to look. I'm also trying to find where I edit the style of the date header on my blog, as the date is extremely large for my taste at the moment!

Sorry for what is probably an easy question. I'm new to b2evolution, and very inexperienced with PHP. I appreciate the assistance!

- Nick

4 Jan 31, 2007 23:38

In your HTML you have...

<input maxlength="100" class="bComment" size="40" name="u" id="u" type="text">

Change to size='32' and see how you go.

5 Jan 31, 2007 23:50

As for the date, it is in h2 tags. So I would add the h2 tag to your css file and define its size the way you would like it.

6 Feb 01, 2007 01:07

You could do this in your css:

.bComment input {
width:50%;
}

with the width being your desired width.

7 Feb 01, 2007 06:37

Thanks, guys! I finally figured out where my _feedback.php file was, and then all of your suggestions began to make sense. Thanks for your help!

Form is loading...