Recent Topics

1 Feb 05, 2007 09:27    

Getting this error after upgrading to 1.9.2 and running the Classic skin. Any ideas? Thanks.

Notice: Undefined property: allowpingbacks in /home/phatchop/public_html/upcomingnudescenes/inc/MODEL/dataobjects/_dataobject.class.php on line 461

2 Feb 05, 2007 12:58

My bad. It worked in 1.8.*, but fails in 1.9.*.

First find in _main.php this:

$disp_comments = 1; // Display comments if requested
$disp_comment_form = 1; // Display comments form if requested

if ( $Blog->get('allowpingbacks') == 1 ) {
	$disp_pingbacks = 1; // Display pingbacks if requested
	} else {
	$disp_pingbacks = 0; // or don't
	}

if ( $Blog->get('allowtrackbacks') == 1 ) {
	$disp_trackbacks = 1; // Display trackbacks if requested
	$disp_trackback_url = 1; // Display trackback URL if requested
	} else {
	$disp_trackbacks = 0; // or don't
	$disp_trackback_url = 0; // or don't
	}

Now replace it with this:

$disp_comments = 1;      // Display the comments if requested
$disp_comment_form = 1;  // Display the comments form if comments requested
$disp_trackbacks = 1;    // Display the trackbacks if requested
$disp_trackback_url = 1; // Display the trackbal URL if trackbacks requested
$disp_pingbacks = 1;     // Display the pingbacks if requested * pingbacks are going away!

Unfortunately this is going to happen to a handful of skins :(

3 Feb 05, 2007 14:57

I started up a topic in the skins forum which is a sticky where people should post all the 1.8 skins they want to be converted to 1.9 skins, as there are more than just this change that needs to be applied;
http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=8980

I've already converted the tictac skin and pimped it out a tad, how do we go about submitting things to the main site?

4 Feb 05, 2007 15:05

I was going to move it and then figured EdB must of left it here because it's been asked a fair few times in the Skins forum already, so by leaving it here it might stop more people like phatchopolis from posting it again in this forum...

edit: where did a post go?

5 Feb 05, 2007 15:30

User to User Help for b2evolution

I figure that means anything that has anything to do with b2evolution belongs here. Fitting stuff elsewhere would be at the user's discretion.

Submitting skins is done via email. Hit the skins site (via "Extend" above) then look for the link about submitting skins. That'll take you to the wiki manual where you'll see the email addy you use to submit skins. You'll need to include a skinshot.jpg of appropriate dimensions and a skininfo.html file, but these aren't big issues to overcome.

Yeah there's some changes from 18 to 19 generation. The one I posted here is entirely my doing though, so I gotta correct it each time it comes up. I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure a 'custom' from an 18-gen will work in a 19-gen installation. It's the skins I overhauled that will fail :(

Um... "I don't know. Where did a post go?" (I expect a punch line ... ;) )

6 Feb 05, 2007 15:34

Um... "I don't know. Where did a post go?" (I expect a punch line ... Wink )

Think god made it go away ;)

A custom 1.8 skin will not work in 1.9. There are many changes. Hrmm people just posting this one problem makes me wonder if they have removed the credits from their skin, as the change from $sponsored_blah to $credits_blah or whatever it is should also appear...

I'll add another sticky in the skins forum that should hopefully solve these problems.

Form is loading...