Recent Topics

1 Feb 08, 2007 00:43    

Hi,

I have searched as best as I can to find anything about this in these forums but found nothing specific. Apologies if I have missed the answer somewhere.

I would like to integrate b2evo with a website I maintain and whilst I have no problem doing the reader side of it (thanks to the documentation already available on skinning), I am not sure how easy it is to customise the admin back end so that it fits in with the existing style of our backend CMS (homegrown).

I can see that a person can be locked down as an editor to have very little access but there are still the tabs at the top etc which don't match our existing style and I might like to hide some of them (like the blog settings tab which isn't necessary as they'd have no rights to edit them anyway)

What I'd ideally like to do is have an option in the CMS to "Add new post" which simply shows a screen that has a title field and post text field and a submit button and nothing else unless I choose to make anything else available. Leaving the full/normal admin interface for the more technical admins who need to be able to set blog config settings and can cope with more than one layout style.

I guess the other way would be if it was possible to call an admin page from a form using POST data from that form and the admin page would then add the content as a new post. I haven't investigated this but it may be similar to how the email posting method works. Would this perhaps be adaptable instead?

I guess anything is possible with lots of serious hacking but I would prefer something that was easily transferable to new versions as they are released and didn't mess too much with the fundamental code.

Many thanks for any help you can give me

Tim

Form is loading...