Recent Topics

1 Feb 22, 2007 06:36    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

i am new to b2e and the install is stalling. The above error is not helping. I cannot find a solution. Any Ideas? I also had to create a lot of the evo_ files and populate the fields also. Maybe i should restart upload and try again from the beginning. I am learning a lot so not a wasted effort.
zapdawg

2 Feb 22, 2007 06:52

If you had to create the tables yourself then something is grossly wrong with the files on your server. Delete everything from your server and PC, get a fresh copy of the package (from the downloads tab above), and start over.

Assuming the existence of a database on your server, you should be able to edit your conf/_basic_config.php file on your PC, upload all the files to your server, then visit yourdomain.tld/path_to_installation/install/index.php and it should simply work.

Oh when you edit that file you'll need your database connection info, your baseurl, an email addy for admin, and to change $config_is_done from a 0 to a 1. That's effectively all I do to make another installation happen. You should simply not have to create any part of the database yourself.

Form is loading...