Recent Topics

1 Feb 22, 2007 07:17    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I hope someone can help me here. It's only my second time setting up b2evolution (and I'm not very knowledgeable to begin with). The first time, I tested b2e on a different server, everything went OK, but now on a different server I get:

can't connect through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

on the install configuration page.

I can log into phpMyAdmin and create tables on the new DB. I can also import the tables from the previous (test) blog which was hosted on a different server.

-Should I specify a path after 'localhost'? If so, what would it be?
-Does the (2) have any significance?
-Using phpMyAdmin, can I somehow import the tables from a previous successfull install and get b2e running on a different server, under a new domain?

Many thanks in advance!

-lotek

2 Feb 23, 2007 02:24

lotek wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I hope someone can help me here. It's only my second time setting up b2evolution (and I'm not very knowledgeable to begin with). The first time, I tested b2e on a different server, everything went OK, but now on a different server I get:

can't connect through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

on the install configuration page.

I can log into phpMyAdmin and create tables on the new DB. I can also import the tables from the previous (test) blog which was hosted on a different server.

-Should I specify a path after 'localhost'? If so, what would it be?

Not really

-Does the (2) have any significance?

No.

-Using phpMyAdmin, can I somehow import the tables from a previous successfull install and get b2e running on a different server, under a new domain?

No.

See if this link gets you going.
http://www.tech-recipes.com/mysql_tips762.html
If it doesn't, send me a PM.

3 Feb 23, 2007 09:03

thx smpdawg

I checked out the link and it looks like it should help. However I'm not sure how to do what it proposes I do.

Can I use phpMyAdmin to find the location of 'mysql.sock'?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions... I'm learning as I go.

lotek

Form is loading...