Recent Topics

1 Feb 22, 2007 03:18    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.1 Beta
Hello all, I have a headache now due to browsing through the control panel to see where I can approve comments. I have the comments set to Deprecated, so that I can view them before I approve them obviously.

The issue is just that. I got hit with some spam and want members ONLY to be able to post, and then I, as the admin, will approve.

I can't find where the posted comments are sitting. Anyone care to help?

2 Feb 22, 2007 04:08

Posts and comments are two different things, so let's just go with comments cuz that's probably where you're at. In your back office go to the Posts tab, then the Comments sub-tab. Ta-da! There's all the comments in whatever status for the blog you happen to have selected. You will also have a link to edit any comment (which is how you would change the status) if you have the system emailing you when a comment happens. And if you drill down from the Posts -> Post list tab you'll find each comment attached to it's post.

Hope it helps! I've only got 10 posts to go before I have to amaze balupton.

3 Feb 22, 2007 16:59

Wow, thank you! I can't believe I searched through the CP and couldn't find that darn menu!

Thanks for the help!

Lastly, how can I set up my CP so that only MEMBERS can post? I'm trying to avoid sifting through spam posts in the comments tab. :(

5 Feb 22, 2007 19:55

The link on that website doesn't have the correct path to the file. :(

7 Feb 23, 2007 19:52

¥åßßå wrote:

Thanks for telling me, I've corrected the download link ;)

You can find the file [url=http://www.waffleson.co.uk/media/am_extra_comment_plugin.zip]here[/url]

¥

Got it, thanks.

These are the three options:

Open
Everyman and his dog can read and make comments

Closed
Everyman and his dog can read comments, nobody (not even the dog) can leave comments

Disabled
What comments?

What I wanted to do was allow members of my blog to post and not guests. I want guests to be able to read the blog, but not post unless I add them as a user. :( From those descriptions, I don't know if that will be possible.

I'll test it once I install the plugin. Thanks!

8 Feb 24, 2007 00:11

Those are the default b2evo comment options. The plugin adds all these (for each of those options)

The plugin now has the following available setting levels, they should be self explanatory. The zipfile has been updated

1. Anybody
2. Registered users
3. Blog members
4. Blog editors
5. Blog administrators
6. Nobody

¥

9 Feb 24, 2007 16:18

Yep. The plugin works well! I tested it yesterday.

Thanks for the help!

10 Feb 24, 2007 18:39

Glad it worked for you ;)

¥

11 Mar 13, 2007 04:52

Hi!
I need this plugin for my new site-blog but when I downloaded it I received the following:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php:196) in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/inc/VIEW/_menutop.php on line 39

"Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_extra_comment_plugin::$locales has no effect in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php on line 196

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_extra_comment_plugin::$locales has no effect in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php on line 196"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php:196) in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/inc/VIEW/_menutop.php on line 39"

Deleted the folder and all returned to normality.
How can I receive the optioon "registered members" ?

Thanks for your help

Roberto
http://www.eba-stats.com
the blog not published yet:
http://www.eba-stats.com/ebablogs

12 Mar 13, 2007 08:42

This link brings the
am_extra_comment_plugin
broken:
where is the original URL of the plugin, please ?

14 Mar 14, 2007 23:19

The plugin is broken: this is the warning error

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_extra_comment_plugin::$locales has no effect in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php on line 196

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_extra_comment_plugin::$locales has no effect in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php on line 196

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php:196) in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/inc/VIEW/_menutop.php on line 39

15 Mar 15, 2007 03:29

Azzrobber,

Hmmm ... looks like a server/host problem. Can you point me to the phpinfo.php file for your host/server?

thx.

-stk

16 Mar 15, 2007 03:53

The operators at my Server support said the contrary, this was my last message from them:

"Hello, This is a problem with the script. There is nothing more that we can do for this. If you have a backup of this that you would like restored then we can restore this for you. You might also be able to figure out how to correct this on the b2evolution site/forums. Regards, Josh"

I didn't understood your petition ! Sorry !

17 Mar 15, 2007 06:06

Typical response from a host. :p

Actually, it seems that there's nothing wrong with the script. Instead, it appears to be [url=http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=39449]a bug (or behavior change) in PHP v5.2.1[/url], which you [url=http://www.eba-stats.com/phpinfo.php]are running[/url]. :p

It'll probably take some time to sort out, so my recommendation would be to not use moderation ([url=http://randsco.com]we don't[/url] and don't have a problem with SPAM, so you probably won't either).

Hope this helps.

18 Mar 15, 2007 07:08

My server is running PHP 5.2.1 . This is a stable release of php and it is very unlikely that the bug is in php instead. More likely is that the plugin or b2evolution script I wanted to use relies on older php methods that have been disabled or changed in newer php releases.

It is up to the script developers to update their code as any time a php release disables a previous function, or changes it, it is for a good reason.
It is the reason, too, the developers don't answer my emails for more than 48 hours...

Thanks to all for all the help, and sorry for the inconveniences and troubles caused, specially to my friend EdB.

19 Mar 15, 2007 09:50

You might like to read the developers note on their contact page which says something like

Please note: We don't normally provide support via email as it defeats the purpose of having a public blog. If you have any comments or suggestions regarding any of our plugins then please make a comment on the appropriate post or start a thread on the b2evolution forums.

You might also like to note that where I live 19:43 wednesday until now ( 8:50 thursday ) is not regarded as 48 hours

You might also like to note that the times I quoted would indicate that I live in England ( the fact that you got the plugin from a .co.uk domain should have been another giveaway ) and am therefore unlikely to reply to anything from about tea time until the following morning ( or 48 hours later based on your clock )

Finally, we are not obliged to update our code just to suit your specific needs.

As it happens your problem has nothing to do with any changes in php or even the fact that the code relies on older php methods ( like the b2evo core, we write our plugins to work on multiple versions of PHP ;) ) it's to do with a change in the plugin core itself.

Maybe you'd like to start being less obnoxious when demanding help from developers that work for free to produce open source solutions. Then you might actually get solutions instead of raising hackles.

If you crack open the plugin and have a look at line 8 it will probably explain why help will not be coming from me.

Have a great day

¥

20 Mar 15, 2007 19:33

The "problem" is that b2evo's Plugin class uses overloading since 1.9.x (or at least in the version azarober uses).
That's the __get() method and it gets used to dynamically create $Settings and $UserSettings properties of the plugin.

There's a "bug" with PHP that causes the notice, but it can get worked around in two ways:
1. Add "var $locales;" to your plugin's properties.
or
2. Use isset() to check if $this->locales is set and init it as an array.

I'd recommend 1. and therefor just add

var $locales;

in line 31, after the other vars there.

I'm quite sure I've filed/seen this already at bugs.php.net, but it got bogused or something. I'll look at it later.

As a reference: I've created a bug in the PHP bugtracker here: http://bugs.php.net/40828

Form is loading...