Recent Topics

1 Feb 23, 2007 19:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how i change the look of the category in the sidebar so that it doesn't show the count in the ( ) after each category name?

And if anyone can tell me how I solve this problem: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=10919

2 Feb 23, 2007 20:34

I'm using version 1.8.7 but I think it is on the same line

look in the file plugins/_categories.plugin.php around line 267

$r .= '">'.format_to_output($cat['cat_name'], 'htmlbody').'</a> <span class="notes">('.$cat['cat_postcount'].')</span>';

change that by

$r .= '">'.format_to_output($cat['cat_name'], 'htmlbody').'</a>';

3 Feb 23, 2007 20:53

Cheers thank you mate!

4 Mar 17, 2007 00:26

Hallo!

Is it possible to change this for every skin or with a stub file? I don't like global solutions. So, is there a way to display the count at Blog A with skin A and hide the count at Blog B with skin B?

nureac

5 Mar 17, 2007 02:00

Generally, such solutions are SKIN-specific. However, you can mix-n-match as much as you want by using a tad of PHP.

Obviously, you deploy the solution in each skin's _main.php file, but there's no reason you couldn't say something like:

<?php 
if $blog==2 || $blog==6 {
echo <span class="fade">$count</span> }
?>

I just made up the class and variable (cause it's been ages) but you get the point (I hope).

The idea is this ... for skin "whatever" ... it'll display the count for blogs #X, Y and Z ... but not for the others. For "some other skin" ... it'll display the count for blogs #G, X and T ... but not for any others.

(ish)

Hope this helps.

6 Mar 17, 2007 07:18

Note: computing the category counts uses a lot of processing time. Unfortunately, turning off the display does not turn off the processing.

This feature is removed from b2evo 2.0.

Form is loading...