Recent Topics

1 Feb 25, 2007 11:41    

I switched to 1.9.2 by the end of january, I was pretty impressed by the new features. I had no issues or bugs.

Yesterday out of the blue while saving a draft post, all the pages started to feature the following warnings at the top (before the DOCTYPE tag) :

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in *my_hostpath*/blog/inc/MODEL/sessions/_session.class.php on line 154

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in *my_hostpath*/blog/inc/MODEL/sessions/_session.class.php on line 156

I tought that my host Lycos made some changes somewhere. So I checked my phpBB forum that was still OK. Then I went to bed.

This morning willing to solve this issue, I started by doing a backup of both the files and the database. Then started hunting for new comments or new stuff that might have caused this issue. NOGO. I logged into the support forum and searched for ini_set() which lead me to a "remove blank line at the end of file" posts. NOGO.

I eventually looked at the lines that where causing issues... session serialization... I imagined that I had some old cookie that messed with the server. I launched Opera to check if it worked... and it did.

I returned to Firefox deleted the Apache cookie which had no effect. Deleted all the cookies, restarted Firefox... and it worked.

So I guess that either my cookie was really old or my host server got a hickup that made him lost track of my session.

--
Fabrice Roux

Form is loading...