Recent Topics

1 Feb 25, 2007 15:44    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.2

I upgraded to 1.9.2 yesterday, not sure if that's relevant or not, but my admin "new post" page is now missing all the extra fields (that allow you to set the title link, permalink etc.) and also seems to be missing the QuickHTML box for inserting tags into posts (although the plugin seems to be switched on)

Help!!

2 Feb 25, 2007 16:02

Switch from 'simple' to 'advanced' because you're an advanced user looking for advanced features. ;)

3 Feb 25, 2007 16:06

I can't find that option - do you know where abouts I should be looking? It doesn't appear to be on that screen...

4 Feb 25, 2007 16:08

On the write tab, kinda just above the post textarea box. You're the admin of your blog right? Gimme a second to grab a screen shot for ya...

5 Feb 25, 2007 16:13

It seems to be missing on mine!!

Perhaps I missed something in the upgrade :-/

6 Feb 25, 2007 16:22

Did you do the full "delete everything and upload new stuff then run the installer to upgrade" or did you try a lite "just the files that seem to be different" method?

Wait a minute... Your back office looks nothing like mine! The shading colors match the "V" back office skin, but look where your "New post in blog:" text is. What happened to your top-level tabs?

Do you have a customized admin skin? If so can you ditch it and see if the 'stock' interface provides these options? Are you the admin of your blog? I've never logged in as a lesser user so I don't know what someone who is not user #1 with full powers and abilities will see is why I ask.

7 Feb 25, 2007 16:24

Oh and I'd buy a jar of Irish air! Look people buy cans of Florida sunshine... :roll:

8 Feb 25, 2007 16:24

It's not customised admin skin and I didn't do either of those upgrade options. I didn't delete everything but I thought I'd overwritten everything, but I'm going to check that out now. Will post back if it does/doesn't fix the problem.

9 Feb 25, 2007 16:27

just for a laugh, make sure you're hitting /admin.php and not /admin/index.php ;)

¥

10 Feb 25, 2007 16:30

Yeah I am, and I re-uploaded the skins_admin and skins directories again, no change. I've also noticed that the ability to switch skins in the admin doesn't seem to be there anymore. IIRC there used to be a "b2evo" skin and a "classic" or "Legacy" or something skin which aren't there any more.

This is starting to worry me.

11 Feb 25, 2007 16:34

Just noticed something. I don't know if its relevant but I remember doing something a while back that made the menu down the left hand side. I noticed your EdB's tabs are across the top - mine aren't. And now I've no idea where the option is to change that to see if it'll help (or if its been removed).

12 Feb 25, 2007 16:37

The inc/ folder is like awesomely powerful lately. Dunno what version you upgraded from, but if you had a version that had an inc/ folder you might want to delete it and upload anew.

Oh and the classic "mysterious bug" advice applies: do not upload the version you have on your PC. Get a fresh copy of the zip, unzip it, and upload from that after completely deleting what you have on your server. The theory is that somewhere along the line you got a corrupted file that manifests itself in the most subtle and bizarre ways. This method has helped more than a handful of people in the past, and if it's not the answer it *shouldn't* hurt.

13 Feb 25, 2007 16:44

Try /admin.php?ctrl=edit&tab=expert&blog=2 with whatever blog number you're into in your address bar and see if that forces the expert mode. That's what my address bar showed when I switched to simple mode then back to expert. If it works for you it will also somehow remember that's what you're into, but it would be cool to have the tabs available - if you can get them to come back.

14 Feb 25, 2007 16:46

That did work, thanks. I'm still going to try and fix it though, cuz I don't wanna have to do that everytime I clear cookies or use a new browser/new PC. Watch this space...

15 Feb 25, 2007 17:17

Right, I've erased all the files on the server and re-uploaded them all and it seems to have fixed it (I didn't download the zip again for reasons I'll not bore you with, but that would have been my next step).

Still no idea where the option was that let me use a menu instead of tabs, but at least my blog is usable again!

Thanks for all your help!

Form is loading...