Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2007 17:57    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Under the Stats tab I frequently view Sessions to see who has been on today. I haven't been able to figure out what the "Sessions Count" is. I thought it might be the number of sessions for the day but then there is Anonymous with a HUGE number of sessions. Can anyone define this for me?

2 Mar 01, 2007 00:27

If you login both with IE and Firefox you get two sessions. If you then login also from another place, you'll get another one and have 3 altogether.

Any user who is not logged in is "anonymous", so the number represents all created session cookies for users who have not logged in.

3 Mar 04, 2007 16:29

Is is per day? It seems like they could all be per day except the anonymous number would be huge then.

4 Mar 04, 2007 22:46

No, it's all open sessions - and the session timeout is really long (about 10 years).

5 Mar 19, 2008 16:49

Blueyed:

Does it matter if the number of anonymous sessions is more than 200.000?
Does this use server's additional resources?

6 Mar 19, 2008 20:27

sure, because it's a mysql table and the more entries it has the more space it needs, and the slower it (may) get to insert new ones.
There's a "prune old sessions" setting somewhere, which you should use - set it up as a cron job, so it does not get run on every page hit. (there should be a link to the manual from the setting in the backoffice).
Of course, with a busy site, you may get those 200.000 hits in a few days already.
It all depends.

7 Mar 19, 2008 23:59

Well it is a very busy site. I'll prune it anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Form is loading...