Recent Topics

1 Mar 08, 2007 02:56    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I just upgraded from 1.8.2 to 1.9.2 following the instructions of backing up files and database then deleting all previous files and uploading all new ones.

Now I am using both FF 2.0.0.2 and IE 7.0 and am experiencing the same issue. I can't login. I have made sure both browsers accept cookies, however I keep getting that message "Wrong login/password". During the install I made sure to change the password so that I can use it.

The weird thing is all day long I was in it posting new things and not messing with any settings, but applied a default skin, thats it.

Can I get in to my phpMyAdmin and delete the encrypted password?

What sort of back doors do I have?

Thanks in advanced
-frustrated Will

P.S. Bypass only takes me to my hosting pages error page AND the forgot email never gets delivered to me, even though I verified in phpMyAdmin directly that the email address is correct.

2 Mar 10, 2007 06:01

I appear to be having the same problem.

I log in from IE 7.0 and it appears I have NOT logged in even though my username is displayed as if I am on line.

This does NOT happen in FireFox.

Thank you.
Carmine Prestia

3 Mar 22, 2007 17:22

Having the same problem. I run a number of b2e blogs and having this problem with just one. I have a feeling the problem is skin-related, but haven't figured it out. So far I've been able to get in with other computers or by using FireFox, but I think that fix will be short-lived.

4 Mar 22, 2007 19:56

SoCalWebServices, does it work with Firefox for you?

Otherwise, does it also fail with IE6 (apart from IE7)?

Unfortunately nobody of you provided a link, so we could test it (it would be nice if user registrations (you can enable this in "General Settings") were enabled, too).

5 Mar 29, 2007 09:46

blueyed wrote:

SoCalWebServices, does it work with Firefox for you?

Otherwise, does it also fail with IE6 (apart from IE7)?

Unfortunately nobody of you provided a link, so we could test it (it would be nice if user registrations (you can enable this in "General Settings") were enabled, too).

I think I've solved the problem. This took some reading and rereading of the instructions and docs before it became clear. The URL has to be of the form:

http://prestia.net/b2evolution///index.php?blog=3

which takes the user straight to the correct blog (as opposed to the default). If I pick "Login" from there I can login correctly and get the appropriated "Admin," "Profile," "Logout," etc. menu. The three hash marks and the "blog=3" phrase are important.

From my reading this can also be controlled through the use of a "stub" file for each blog. I still don't understand that correctly and won't use it until I do. But now it appears to be working correctly.

Thanks for your help.
Carmine Prestia

6 Mar 29, 2007 09:53

But I can log in without having /// in the url, so it obviously works "as is". Therefore the problem that's causing these installations to not work is unique to the server configuration they're living on.

Something else is strange here. cwp101 wrote:

I log in from IE 7.0 and it appears I have NOT logged in even though my username is displayed as if I am on line.

Can you explain what you mean by "appears I have NOT logged in"? My confusion comes from you also saying that your username is displayed as if you are online. Since for that particular moment you are online, the only way it could show your username is if you are actually logged in. Could it be that the only issue here is that after logging in you are not going to a page you expected to go to?

Oh and we always ask for a link to the blog in question. We're not curious about your blog okay? That's how troubleshooting happens. When one of the main developers (blueyed) asks it makes a lot more sense to provide that info than to instead say "I fixed it". Please: help the developers make the application better than it was.

7 Mar 29, 2007 10:06

cwp101 wrote:

think I've solved the problem. This took some reading and rereading of the instructions and docs before it became clear. The URL has to be of the form:

http://prestia.net/b2evolution///index.php?blog=3

That's probably because your $baseurl ends with ///, you need to change it ( conf/_basic.config.php ) so that it only ends in one / ;)

¥

8 Mar 29, 2007 14:47

EdB wrote:

Something else is strange here. cwp101 wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by "appears I have NOT logged in"? My confusion comes from you also saying that your username is displayed as if you are online. Since for that particular moment you are online, the only way it could show your username is if you are actually logged in. Could it be that the only issue here is that after logging in you are not going to a page you expected to go to?

Oh and we always ask for a link to the blog in question. We're not curious about your blog okay? That's how troubleshooting happens. When one of the main developers (blueyed) asks it makes a lot more sense to provide that info than to instead say "I fixed it". Please: help the developers make the application better than it was.

In the first paragraph above; I would go to the blog using the URL:

http://prestia.net/b2evolution/

Note that I did NOT include two extra hash marks (//) at the end of the URL. Clearly though the blog thought I was online since my username (cwp101) appeared in the "Who's Online" listing even though "Login" still appeared above in the "Misc" menu as if I had NOT logged in. My comments about the problem being different in FF and IE MAY have been my error. It appears to work correctly in both environments now.

The URLs above should take you to my blog so you can see what I mean. I'm not really concerned with the developers seeing what is there. I should have made it clearer that those were working URLs.

I'm new to this and I have some studying to do on these things. The comments were helpful though because they started to focus my research.

Also see my reply to the next post.

Thank you.
Carmine Prestia

9 Mar 29, 2007 14:52

That's probably because your $baseurl ends with ///, you need to change it ( conf/_basic.config.php ) so that it only ends in one / ;)

Yes, I now see that has something to do with the problem but I'm still studying the way to 'correct' that. I fiddled around with the URLs in the setup area but the results weren't what I expected so I went back to the defaults for now.

Thank you.
Carmine Prestia

10 Mar 29, 2007 14:59

You need to change the value of $baseurl in conf/_basic.config.php so that it reads :-

$baseurl = 'http://prestia.net/b2evolution/';

¥

11 Mar 29, 2007 16:22

¥åßßå wrote:

You need to change the value of $baseurl in conf/_basic.config.php so that it reads :-

$baseurl = 'http://prestia.net/b2evolution/';

¥

Which leads me to a question that will illustrate my ignorance; If I have several blogs and one of them is "Conference34" can I set the baseurl to

$baseurl=htp//prestia.net/b2evolution/Conference34/

Then give that to my users. That will take them directly to their blog and keep them away from the other blogs (given that I have not granted access to the other blogs).

I THINK there is a separate "conf/_basic.config.php" file for each blog. Do I have to concern myself with the "stub" files?

Thanks for all the help.
Carmine Prestia

12 Mar 29, 2007 16:27

The $baseurl is a setting for all of your blogs ( kind of the "starting point" of your urls )

For your individual blogs you need to set their access types and any stub files ( depending on how you want to access the blog ), take a look at [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Stub_file]this page[/url] of the manual and it should help you.

¥

Form is loading...