Recent Topics

1 Mar 08, 2007 16:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hy everybody!

Version: 1.9.2
Plugin: Autoblog with mod_rewrite (fancy url)

Description:

When you are at "Blog Settings" and delete a Blog, it does delete the user too? If not, how would I be able to find him/her, if the owner of the blog doesn't appear listed?

Orator

2 Mar 08, 2007 17:24

Your problem arises when a user is a member of more than one blog ;)

¥

4 Mar 08, 2007 21:19

blueyed wrote:

I think orator talks about the blog which has been created by the Autoblog plugin.

**** Beginning of out of topic opinion ****
:idea: And if you allow me dare to say, I believe that the capability of using "fancy url (youblog.com/username) should be native together with auto-registration. Without it, the use of B2evo would not be as attractive to greater projects, not withstanding the other many excellent features it has.
**** END of out of topic opinion ****

=> Question 1
Indeed, all my users are from Autoblog plugin, and I'm not sure if it deletes the user data when the blog is erased from the database (apparently not).:?:

=> Question 2
Besides it, when it comes to a more populated blog, don't you agree that it would come handy if you could verify the respective user linked to a specific blog. I particularly like to examine who I am going to delete. If there was a link to the user data inside the "Blog settings" list, I think it would facilitate

=> Question 3
Beyond that, IMHO it would facilitate the admins work if one could too verify the blogs created by a user, through the "user tab", and then delete all blogs linked to a user when the admin deletes such user.

=> Question 4
Another question would be to implement the possibility of sorting the user list by "number ID" and not only by name. The reason is that you could delete older blog/users created basing your decision of deletion in "time from creation without any posts". In the case of many blogs I have it became a plague. I got a lot of "testers", who create the blog, then never come back...

A plausible way to implement such would creating a column with "registration date (month/year)", "time since last post (in months)" and number of posts. Something like:

| User activity |

| 03/07 - 02 - 26 |

Any of you got those "testers" infesting your database? Man, they render me crazy. Well, by other side, if they test and do not come back, seems that I am failing in some area... Humm.. Maybe a good tutorial made in video could help...

Hey people, sorry for the post. I'm talking too much today! Possibly due an excessive dose of beer... :)

Orator

5 Mar 08, 2007 21:53

blueyed wrote:

I've created a feature request in the tracker: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1676695&group_id=160495&atid=816080

IMHO, I believe that there should be an extra check to see whether the user has more than one blog. Ergo:

1 Event: Delete blog
2 Check who is the user
3 Check if there are other blogs linked to that name
4 Ask Admin if he wants to delete the current blog only or the user linked to it and the following other blogs (list)
5 Delete blogs, delete user.

6 Mar 09, 2007 00:14

Deja vu ;)

¥åßßå wrote:

Your problem arises when a user is a member of more than one blog ;)

¥

¥

Form is loading...