Recent Topics

1 Mar 11, 2007 01:59    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

What does this message mean?

"

This is b2evolution version 1.8.2.

You cannot use the application before you finish configuration and installation.

Database schema is not up to date!

You have schema version «0», but we would need «9200».

Please use the installer to finish your configuration/installation now.

On most installations, the installer will probably be either here or here... (but I can't be sure since I have no config info available! :P)

"

And ... anyone know what should I do?
:(

P.S. I am trying to transfer files from one hosting to another...

2 Mar 11, 2007 05:21

You were running b2evolution at your other host? Which version?

(is it a straight-across version-to-version transfer?)

What did you use to install b2evolution at your current host? (Fantastico or Manual install?)

Basically, the message indicates that the database needs to be upgraded (not sure about schema number 0 though). Did you restore the DB from a phpMyAdmin Export backup?

I'd (1) Make sure the DB was transferred correctly (check # tables, records, etc). (2) Make sure the install was okay (no lost files upon transfer, etc.) and then (3) run the /install/index.php file and let b2evo upgrade the DB (if needed).

Dunno, need more information to really help.

3 Mar 11, 2007 05:30

stk wrote:

You were running b2evolution at your other host? Which version?

(is it a straight-across version-to-version transfer?)

What did you use to install b2evolution at your current host? (Fantastico or Manual install?)

Basically, the message indicates that the database needs to be upgraded (not sure about schema number 0 though). Did you restore the DB from a phpMyAdmin Export backup?

I'd (1) Make sure the DB was transferred correctly (check # tables, records, etc). (2) Make sure the install was okay (no lost files upon transfer, etc.) and then (3) run the /install/index.php file and let b2evo upgrade the DB (if needed).

Dunno, need more information to really help.

Thanks alot.
I am trying to transfer my blog from one hosting to another. My current version is 1.8.2
I was having problem import my database and finally it showed up with with message when I trying to run the page on my browser.
I just found another thread with the similar problem and she was talking about dropping the table and re-import the db after that. I am not sure how to do that even if that is the problem.
Also, when I am trying to re-import the db, it tells me the file is too large... I am confused over here...

4 Mar 11, 2007 06:44

OKAY ... let's make sure we're talking apples here. You're transferring a b2evolution blog from one host to another.

OLD HOST -> v1.8.2
NEW HOST -> v1.8.2?

Do you have access to your old host (can you re-EXPORT your DB, if need be?)

If you have access to your old host, I'm sure we can get things sorted out. If not, things might be a tad more sticky.

5 Mar 11, 2007 06:53

stk wrote:

OKAY ... let's make sure we're talking apples here. You're transferring a b2evolution blog from one host to another.

OLD HOST -> v1.8.2
NEW HOST -> v1.8.2?

Do you have access to your old host (can you re-EXPORT your DB, if need be?)

If you have access to your old host, I'm sure we can get things sorted out. If not, things might be a tad more sticky.

Well... sticky as it is ...
Just installed 1.9.2 , is there a way I can import my old post?

6 Mar 11, 2007 07:13

The IMPORTANT thing is to make sure that the database is OKAY.

You CAN restore a v1.8.2 DB and upgrade to v1.9.2 all at the same time, not a problem.

7 Mar 11, 2007 07:46

stk wrote:

The IMPORTANT thing is to make sure that the database is OKAY.

You CAN restore a v1.8.2 DB and upgrade to v1.9.2 all at the same time, not a problem.

I don't have my old hosting now. How do I make sure it is OKAY now?
Thank you so much for walk me through... as you can pretty much tell that I am very much a noob.

8 Mar 11, 2007 08:04

Have you restored the DB to the new host? (Did they do it, or did you?)

IF it is restored, use myPhpAdmin to verify that your evo_posts table contains your post data (about the correct number of posts and that the Post_content field is populated with stuff that "looks" correct).

9 Mar 11, 2007 08:29

stk wrote:

Have you restored the DB to the new host? (Did they do it, or did you?)

IF it is restored, use myPhpAdmin to verify that your evo_posts table contains your post data (about the correct number of posts and that the Post_content field is populated with stuff that "looks" correct).

I have been having problem with import db...
it keeps giving me the 1044 error message when I trying to use .sql and I can't import with browser option because it's "too large"... :-/

10 Mar 11, 2007 10:02

Well, it'd probably be a good idea to re-export it, using some of the suggestions EdB said (empty the sessions and hitlog -often the largest- tables)

That'd help the SIZE issue a LOT. ;)

11 Mar 11, 2007 10:12

stk wrote:

Well, it'd probably be a good idea to re-export it, using some of the suggestions EdB said (empty the sessions and hitlog -often the largest- tables)

That'd help the SIZE issue a LOT. ;)

I wish I could...
Thanks though!

12 Mar 11, 2007 10:15

what you exported is a text file. You CAN edit it in a text editor to remove unecessary tables and whatnot. back it up first though if you do.

13 Mar 11, 2007 12:38

whoo wrote:

what you exported is a text file. You CAN edit it in a text editor to remove unecessary tables and whatnot. back it up first though if you do.

Thanks! But I don't think it's just too large though...
I was trying to use sql and got the error message as well ...
Well... too tired to figer this out now...

Form is loading...