Recent Topics

1 Mar 13, 2007 15:00    

My b2evolution Version: 0.9.x

I know that I am using an old version of b2. I need help. If you visit my blog http://www.jenniferdocherty.com/ and go to the bottom and hit "next page" it goes to my main site. How do I change it? I have looked through the forum but I believe that the answers are for a newer version of b2 because I don't have an _item.funcs.php file. I don't remember now when I set it up which file that "next post" line is in. It has been so long since I have last worked with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
:D

2 Mar 13, 2007 15:46

It's your feedback links too. Check out your conf/_config.php file and see what you have for $baseurl. I got this feeling it's the old domain.

3 Mar 13, 2007 17:39

Thanks SuperGuru! Now do you think I should upgrade? I don't want to risk fixing something that isn't broken.

4 Mar 14, 2007 00:15

Yup. Just because it's not broken doesn't mean it's repairable going forward Support for 0.9.* stuff is rare as hen's teeth because no one who answers questions runs it anymore. Besides upgrading to at least 1.8.7 will give you tons more flexibility in what you could do if you wanted to. Click 'extend' (above) then 'plugins' to see what's not going to happen in 0.9.* for example. I run 3 installations. One of them is still on 1.8.7 so that's gonna get upgraded to 1.9.2 tomorrow morning. Finally. After that all three get upgraded to 1.9.3 because they are heavily modified and I don't want them becoming impossible to deal with down the road.

Backup your files and database before you begin, upgrade per the instructions, and be prepared to give it an hour to get it working smooth again. Your skin might take quite a bit longer than that because there have been tons of changes in how skins make your blog happen, but any custom skin can be brought forward with a bit of careful comparison and thought.

Form is loading...