Recent Topics

1 Mar 14, 2007 04:16    

My b2evolution Version: b2evolution 1.9.2

Hi!
When I succeded with your help to finally hide the BlogAll,
now I have the problem that the LinksBlog dissapeared from the sides columns of Blog A and B:

http://www.ebablogs.com

Thanks in advance !

Roberto

2 Mar 14, 2007 07:30

Your new skin doesn't have the linkblog in the sidebar by default. If you change to the "custom" skin, the linkblog does appear in the sidebar.
Solution:
Open the file"_main.php" from the ../blogs/skins/custom folder. Search for the part that sais "Linkblog":

<?php
		// -------------------------- LINKBLOG INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
		require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_linkblog.php' );
		// -------------------------------- END OF LINKBLOG ----------------------------------
	?>

Copy this part from there or from this post.
Now open the "_main.php" from your skin "Nifty Corners" in the folder ../blogs/skins/nifty_corners. Paste the just copied part where you want it to appear in the skin.

Good luck

4 Jun 01, 2007 02:00

I've actually got the same issue, but the above code didn't fix it. I thought it was because the new skin doesn't have a _linkblog.php file, so I copied one in from "custom" and also from "k2e_blue" (which is the other skin I use) and the links still don't appear.

Am I missing something else?

Thanks.

5 Jun 01, 2007 04:05

Probably check your back office setting on the Blog settings->pick a blog tab, and see if you have "none" selected for your linkblog for that blog. Each blog gets to have it's own linkblog, and it's quite possible to pick 'none'.

6 Jun 01, 2007 09:23

I've quadruple checked that... default linkblog is set to "Links", which is what I renamed the linkblog to. Same setting as in a different blog there that's in a different skin, and that one works. I've tried looking at the code for something inconsistent, but haven't figured anything out yet.

Thanks...

7 Jun 01, 2007 09:49

Got link? We can talk about an issue till we're both blue in the face, or you can give us a link that shows the problem you're having. The latter is much more likely to produce a positive result than the former. ;)

8 Jun 01, 2007 09:49

Problem resolved, but I'm not sure how it happened. I tried moving the linkblog code to the top of the sidebar and then it worked. Then I moved it to a couple of other places, including the original position, and it works there too.

Wish I knew exactly what I did, but the bottom line for now is it works. Thanks again.

9 Jun 01, 2007 10:48

I'm glad you have it fixed, but I want to ask an off-topic question if you don't mind. How come when we (meaning the people who do most of the answering here) ask for a link to the problem site we get a response maybe half the time? I'm asking because I asked you and you didn't provide it. That puts you in the half that makes me wonder what they're hiding...

Your site, findable by googling your forum name, isn't offensive or rude or *anything* that - to my way of thinking - is a URL you wouldn't want to link in the forums about one piece of open source software you're using. I usually think people don't put a link here because they took away the b2evolution linkback and don't want us to know, buy you have that intact. Heck you even left my link on your skin - something most people who use that skin don't do. My website is probably offensive to a lot of folk is why, but whatever eh?

My point is you asked a reasonable question and we tried to help. Eventually I asked you for a link to the issue and your reply was, effectively, "none of your business because the problem is resolved". So I'm curious why that is. Why would someone with a pretty straightforward blog about a reasonably nice topic not share their URL with us? Anyway I'm glad to see you have the linkback to b2evolution in your sidebar. I am NOT on the dev team and DO NOT get any credit for it's popularity, but it's cool that you give a little link-love back to the people who work so damned hard to make a really cool blog app. Even so, I'm curious why someone would not answer "what is your URL" when asked.

Form is loading...