Recent Topics

1 Apr 05, 2007 23:31    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hi everybody

i am looking for a solution in order to resize posted pictures...

i saw various topics dealing about this (like : http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=1804) but i can't find b2upload.php on my directories (maybe cause this solution was done on an oldier version)

so does anyone have a solution please ? (i just want that posted pictures to be resized in order to be viewed !)

thanks a lot !

(ps : as u can see my english is not perfect cause i'm french guy :p)

2 Apr 06, 2007 04:28

Don't use the advice from the link you mentioned; it's from a stone age version of b2e.

Open ../blogs/rsc/css/img.css

edit:

img {
	border:none;
}

to:

img {
	border:none;
        width:400px;
}

Good luck

3 Apr 06, 2007 13:12

doesn't work the image is always too big...

4 Apr 06, 2007 18:53

I'll be changing that bit in the css file made EVERY image become 400 pixels wide. Those would be some very big smilies!

At the end of the thread you linked to there is a link to a gallery plugin. Have you considered it? I personally know nothing about it, but I'm pretty sure no one has come up with a method to resize images during upload since way back then, other than the gallery plugin.

You can also cheat by the way. When you insert an image into your post simply change the markup the file manager provides. So like when it says the img width and height are 800 and 600 you change them to 400 and 300. Not the best solution because the image is still the big size - just being forced into a small size. The best (but not easiest) solution is to resize the image before you upload it.

5 Apr 07, 2007 02:23

Why not try adding something like
width="75%" height="75%" to the img tag in the post edit screen

EG:

img src="http://blah.com/media/users/blah/bigimage.jpg" alt="bigimage" title="needs to be smaller" class="whatever" width="75%" height="75%" />

Change the percentage to whatever suits.
Then that will only effect that one image for that post.

6 Apr 07, 2007 02:26

because i don't want to have to suit my pictures for each post !

in fact i just want that the blog user copy the code given before the update (some of the users are really beginners)

7 Apr 07, 2007 05:31

Maybe your members need to be told that images over a certain size are not allowed, or that you as Admin might just have to edit the odd posts that are oversized.

8 Apr 07, 2007 13:44

yes of course but i would prefer an automated solution

9 Jul 18, 2008 10:54

Hey, I have exactly the same concern,

did anyone ever found the way to make that code appears exactly in a way that the picture is always fitted?

Thanks!

Jhonyleroy.

12 Nov 05, 2008 19:56

Or look in the forums for the image_fit_plugin that provides a javaScript / jQuery solution to this problem.

Good luck

Form is loading...