Recent Topics

1 Apr 15, 2007 13:05    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Is the a place when I can get ALL the info for example what all the items to the right mean when you are in the write mode??

2 Apr 15, 2007 16:00

I'm pretty sure the posts that show up when you install b2evolution cover that stuff fairly well.

3 Apr 15, 2007 20:52

goochs wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Is the a place when I can get ALL the info for example what all the items to the right mean when you are in the write mode??

Gooch... I assume you are talking about these items?

http://samredman.com/b2settings/posting1right.gif

Mostly, I just ignore those "items to the right," but they seem to be self-explanatory. Here is what the online manual says about them:

Categories, Renderers, etc.
On the right side of the page you can choose which category or categories the post will be assigned.

You will also see a list of installed plugins which can apply renderers to your post. You can opt in or out of these renderers as you need to. If you're not sure, just leave them as they are.

You can also select the status or visibility of your post on the right side.

Retrieved from http://manual.b2evolution.net/Write_tab

Which ones don't you understand? Maybe, someone more knowledgeable than I could offer some explanations.

4 Apr 15, 2007 21:08

Yes.. The 2 I am a little confused as to the use is depicated and then on the comments box closed(which I think means has to be approved and only rgistered users)
Thanks
Phil

5 Apr 15, 2007 21:17

In the programming world, "deprecate" has this definition:

To make invalid or obsolete by removing or flagging the item. When commands or statements in a language are planned for deletion in future releases of the compiler or rendering engine, they are said to be deprecated.

Since the work on this blog engine is all done by programmers, they just naturally used the term "deprecate," but I have found it is a term quite confusing to most ordinary people. I think that the "deprecate" feature has more usage here when you are editing a post, rather than writing it for the first time..

The best I can figure is that... if you choose "Deprecate".. it just marks the post (or page) for possible deletion in the future. It is sort of like a "draft," but instead it means that you plan to eventually delete it, whereas a "draft" you are planning to eventually use it.

6 Apr 15, 2007 21:43

thanks.. guess it's likewhen a programmer asks is that a 0(zero) or and O(letter)
Phil

Form is loading...