Recent Topics

1 Apr 17, 2007 00:37    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all,

My B2Evo 1.9.3 is causing a 100% mysql server load. Any clue what could be the culprit?

I already cleared all the statistics.

I am using a linux (redhat) VPS. SQL db and Apache are on the same server and the last few days the blog has around 2-3000 pageviews a day.

(http://www.geencommentaar.nl)

As my VPS-provider can not effectively isolate my cpu-usage, they desperately want me to cut down the cpu load. If this does not work I am without hosting in a few days... :-(

I hope you guys can help!

2 Apr 17, 2007 01:12

Do you, or your host have log files; can there be a bot (from a single IP) constantly trying to do nasty things? Does your SQL have an active log?
Your blog looks OK from the outside. The only page that worries me is the Stats page. Can you temporarily disable this page to rule out errors on it?

3 Apr 17, 2007 05:45

Spuyt12 wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all,

My B2Evo 1.9.3 is causing a 100% mysql server load. Any clue what could be the culprit?

Sounds like a tough problem without good stats and logs.

But you might try and examine the select statements used in accessing the post tables. While a couple thousand accesses per day should not be a big load for indexed retrieval, it could be a problem caused by non-indexed searches through a continually growing set of posting records that require nested subqueries for retrieval.

It's kind of ironic, but I hope this suggestion doesn't pan out because fixing the problem then would most likely be a difficult task even for the developers.

Good Luck.

4 Apr 17, 2007 05:49

In b2 v 1.8 thru 1.9x if you scan the board, it appears there are quite a few SQL related errors/problems

5 Apr 17, 2007 15:10

Thanks for the answers. I disabled the stats page, although I do not think that is the problem, as it is only there for one day, and the problems are older.

When looking at the stats and logs I do not see strange IP's that seem to hammer the server.

Keep u posted, and keep coming the ideas! :-)

6 Apr 19, 2007 19:02

We had the same problem a few days ago. Numerous MySQL calls caused the server to max out. Linux RedHat OOM killer, then started killing processes to try to save the server - but instead, crashed it.

This happened 3 times over a 12 hour period. Since then, fairly stable - but we are holding our breath waiting for the next time.

Any one with ideas?

Form is loading...